ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time lived in the UK for previously failed FLR(M)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Electronic Bank Statements and Revolut

Post by matt_murdoch » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:46 am

Hi there

I'll be applying for the spouse visa extension, FLR (M), for my wife soon, and have been seeing conflicting things regarding electronic bank statements.

The official guidance seems to suggest these need to be official bank statements, or signed /stamped. So does this mean PDFs downloaded from online banking portals require an accompanied letter?

Also part of my salary was paid into Revolut, who apparently do not provide stamping or letters, but do have downloadable statements, so will these suffice?

Thanks

vinny

Re: FLR(M) Electronic Bank Statements and Revolut

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:07 am

1(a) Bank statements must:
(v) be:
  • (1) on official bank stationery; or
  • (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
However, they also permit copies. Is there a difference between a copy of a statement on official bank stationery and a copy of a pdf statement? If there is no official bank stationery, then what happens?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kshoemoney1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kshoemoney1 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:51 pm

matt_murdoch wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:46 am

Also part of my salary was paid into Revolut, who apparently do not provide stamping or letters, but do have downloadable statements, so will these suffice?
Hey @matt_murdoch did you ever find an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing...

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:26 am

kshoemoney1 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:51 pm
matt_murdoch wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:46 am

Hey @matt_murdoch did you ever find an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing...

Thanks
OP not here since date he posted and got response.

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Post by matt_murdoch » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:21 pm

kshoemoney1 wrote:
HI, I have not applied for this yet, but will be sharing my Revolut statements as anecdotally this seems fine and they do accept these as the jist i got was "Revolut is too widely used to be ignored" - however I could not find an explicit statement to confirm this so unfortunately not a concrete answer

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 pm

matt_murdoch wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:21 pm
kshoemoney1 wrote:
HI, I have not applied for this yet, but will be sharing my Revolut statements as anecdotally this seems fine and they do accept these as the jist i got was "Revolut is too widely used to be ignored" - however I could not find an explicit statement to confirm this so unfortunately not a concrete answer
Do update your thread when you do.

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Time lived in the UK for previously failed FLR(M)?

Post by matt_murdoch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm

We're applying again for an FLR(M) after our last one was rejected and so applied for a spouse visa from scratch, 2.5 years ago.

So in doing the extension visa application again, the question is "Time lived in the UK"

Should I put down all the time in the UK from the start of the very first application (2016) or the current application (2019)?

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Re: Time lived in the UK for previously failed FLR(M)?

Post by waleed205 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:52 pm

Not sure if I can suggest, or answering is only limited to senior admin of the boards. Please excuse..

But I would suggest since the last continuous living the UK.

Why was the application rejected?

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:02 pm

Hi, We were in the same boat but I was told to write the dates since the last grant of entry clearance and not the very first time.

Provide the chronology in a cover letter

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:49 am

matt_murdoch wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm
We're applying again for an FLR(M) after our last one was rejected and so applied for a spouse visa from scratch, 2.5 years ago.

So in doing the extension visa application again, the question is "Time lived in the UK"

Should I put down all the time in the UK from the start of the very first application (2016) or the current application (2019)?
This should be the time on which the extension you are applying for is based I.e. 2019, previous immigration history can be noted in additional information section or cover note.

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Electronic Bank Statements from Revolut - accepted

Post by matt_murdoch » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 pm
matt_murdoch wrote:
kshoemoney1 wrote:

An update: Our application was successful with providing Revolut statements showing salary payments

please note I also provided the Account Confirmation letter than can be downloaded via the app. Not sure if this made a difference but attached it anyway

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Electronic Bank Statements from Revolut - accepted

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:19 am

matt_murdoch wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 pm
matt_murdoch wrote:
kshoemoney1 wrote:

An update: Our application was successful with providing Revolut statements showing salary payments

please note I also provided the Account Confirmation letter than can be downloaded via the app. Not sure if this made a difference but attached it anyway
Congratulations and thanks for updating the thread.