ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To bring my SISTER to the UK, please advice!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ccs
Newly Registered

To bring my SISTER to the UK, please advice!

Post by ccs » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Hello, I'm from Venezuela. I live in England with my Bristish husband, and now that I will have 2 years living here in the UK, I will apply for my residence visa. That's not the problem, the problem is that I would like to bring my sister to live here in England, she loves Europe and she will love to live and work here. I feel very lucky to live in a country like this and I will like to share my happiness with her. My question is: is it possible for me to help her while I'm not a British Citizen yet, I mean been just a resindence and if I can't at the moment, is it possible for my husband to help her as a sponsor? Please advice and thanks so much in advance. ccs

John

Post by John » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:38 pm

Sorry, the fact that she is your sister does not help at all. Well it would only help in exception circumstances including your sister being totally dependent upon you, but suspect that is not the case. And the situation will not change once you are a British Citizen.

The best you can do is help find a nice British husband for her! :wink: That would work! (But is not a serious suggestion!) Or certainly assist her to get a visitor's visa to visit you, that might be possible, but even then it needs to be clear that she has a "reason to return" to Venezuela.

Or HSMP? Or Work Permit? What does your sister do?

My wife, from Thailand, also has a sister who would only love to come and live in the UK. Suspect the same applies to many readers of this Board.
John

ccs
Newly Registered

Post by ccs » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:46 am

Thanks so much to reply so fast...
Well about the husband, that's a problem...she is gay so we forgot about that option... :wink:

She works with IT or airlines jobs.
I thouht it was possible to bring her here legaly as I found some things in internet that says the following:

"Family Settlement - Other Dependent Relatives
What relatives might qualify under this type of application?
Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives (meaning son, daughter, sister, brother, uncle or aunt over the age of 18) of a person settled in the UK may qualify.
A son, daughter, sister, brother, uncle or aunt over the age of 18 is allowed to enter the UK if living alone outside the United Kingdom in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances."

What is HMSP?
And about the work permit, I also found about this in internet and our country is not in the list for applications...

Thanks for your advice!!!
:lol: ccs

John

Post by John » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:47 am

.... other dependent relatives .....
CCS, you quoted those words, and I now repeat them with emphasis! If your sister was totally dependent upon you then getting her a visa might be possible but clearly from what you post about her working that is not the case.
Well about the husband, that's a problem...she is gay so we forgot about that option...
Same-sex Civil Registration in the UK starts in December so there are still possibilities there. The immigration rules are going to be adapted so that a person intending to enter into a Civil Registration will be able to get a "fiancé(e) visa" to come to the UK to enter into that partnership. :wink:

Lots on this Board about Work Permits and HSMP.
John