ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK fiance visa, but want to get married outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

thebruge
Newly Registered

Post by thebruge » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:02 am

Hoping to get some help from the experts on this forum :)

I am a UK citizen currently living in Australia with my Colombian girlfriend, we planned to get married in the begining of 2009. At the end of this year we were planning on leaving Australia and hoping to go back to the UK for a few months before getting married in Colombia.

From what I have read it should be fine to get a fiance visa for my girlfriend, but I think they are going to be complications as we plan to marry outside the ?UK, here is what I can see as an issue, can anyone please clarify if I am right?

- Will it be a problem getting a Fiance Visa if we plan to get married outside the UK?

- Can see re-enter the UK on her fiance visa? Or does this have to be changed to a spouse visa first?

- If not, then once we are marrried in Colombia, how long will it take to have my new wifes previous fiance visa to be changes to a spouse visa?

Thanks, Rich

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:35 am

If she wants to visit the UK, then she may apply for a visitor visa. Fiancé(e) visas are only for people who wishes to marry in the UK. After a valid marriage, she may apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.