ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement visa refused first time, applying again..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

UK Settlement visa refused first time, applying again..

Post by sheejapy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for spouse settlement visa to go to London, to join my husband, who has ILR there.

I got married in November 2008, and applied for Visa just after that. However got refused on the ground that my husband had an overdraft in his account. We have not put any covering letter in the application stating the reason for overdraft. Also he had less bank balance because of wedding expenditures.

It is 6 months after the visa refusal, and we have new set of bank statements showing consistence improvement in bank balance. He has saved 500+ for the first few months and then 1000+ in the last 2-3 months. Total we raised the funds upto 7000 pounds. Other than salary, he sold his car, and transferred some of money from his mother's account (which was left over after wedding).

I dont have any savings in my account, as I also spent all savings for marriage. I have gold with me worth 4000 pounds almost, but no proof to show that. I lost the bills :(

Even if we have parents as dependents, we will put a letter from them stating that they are retired pensioners ( we have their pension certificates as proof). We have no other dependents.

We have made the covering letter ready stating that all the over expenditures of at that time was because of wedding expenditures.

Has anybody gone through same situation and
do you think this much savings would help us to get through this time?

Sunu

Prem
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Prem » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Sunu

My Wife is from Kerala too and she applied for her spouse Visa at Cochin VFS in late June, still awating the outcome.

Was your overdraft the only cause for refusal?

The savings are very good, you need to show that after accomodation costs (mortgage\rent & council tax) that you have £100.95 left over each week. Might be good to show a budget if this was the only reason for refusal.

Hope your both over 21, as in Nov 2008 the rules changed.

Where in India did you apply from?
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender Indian Passport and OCI Next!

real life
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by real life » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

do not worry about finiacial
because your saving is very much
but you want to take care other supporting documents

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 am

Prem wrote:Hi Sunu

My Wife is from Kerala too and she applied for her spouse Visa at Cochin VFS in late June, still awating the outcome.

Was your overdraft the only cause for refusal?

The savings are very good, you need to show that after accomodation costs (mortgage\rent & council tax) that you have £100.95 left over each week. Might be good to show a budget if this was the only reason for refusal.

Hope your both over 21, as in Nov 2008 the rules changed.

Where in India did you apply from?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I applied from VFS Kochin. Last time I got reply after 2.5 months...All the best to you guys :)

Yes, overdraft was the only reason they quoted. Hence, they had the discretion that sponsor has to depend on public funds, as expenditure is more than income.

Could you please share what all documents you have given? Also please update us when your visa gets through :). That will help so many like me. I just want to give a proper application this time, as last time we could not be prepared this much.

Regards
Sunu

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Thanks for the reply...

Post by sheejapy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 am

real life wrote:do not worry about finiacial
because your saving is very much
but you want to take care other supporting documents
Hi Thanks for the reply. That was very kind of you. You have got successful settlement visa? If yes, can you pls help me to clear out the following doubt?

We are attaching the my personal letter, and my husband's letter stating our relationship, reason for last refusal etc. If we attach a hand written copy, is there any problem? Also we are attaching the letters/testimonials from our friends and family about our wedding and our good relationship. All are hand written letters. Any problem with them?

Sunu

Prem
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Prem » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 am

This is everything that was submitted:

1. APPLICATION
- Completed Settlement VAF4A Form.
- SU07 Form
- Notarised Sponsorship Declaration.
- Sponsor Letter.

2. APPLICANT
- Passport.
- ID Card.
- Original Birth Certificate.

3. SPONSOR
- Notarised British Passport Copy.
- Original Expired\Old British Passport (Shows previous trips to India).
- Original Birth Certificate.
- Driving License Card Copy & Counterpart Copy.
- National Insurance Card Copy.

4. WEDDING
- Original Marriage Certificate.
- Wedding Photos (Professional Pictures with family from both sides).
- Photos taken after marriage.
- Applicants Wedding Invitation.
Sponsors Wedding invitation.
Wedding Cards that were sent to us.
Ring receipt, Sponsors Wedding Outfit receipt, Gold Receipt &
Honeymoon receipt.

5. RELATIONSHIP & CONTACT
- Telephone Bill Landline (calls to India highlighted, I ring an access
number).
- Telephone Bill Mobile (calls to India highlighted, I ring an access
number).
- Calling Card.
- Letters we sent each other, including envelopes.
- Copies of flower orders to Applicant.
- Greeting Cards i.e. Birthday\Valentines.
- Airline E-Tickets of past trips to India.

6. SPONSORS EMPLOYMENT
- Letter from Employer.
- Payslips (6 months) & P60 End of Year Certificate 2008-09.
- Pay rise letters for past 2 years.

7. SPONSORS FINANCE
- Bank Statements (6 months, into which my salary is paid).
- Savings Statements (3 monthly statements going back 2 years).
- Joint Account Cashbook for Bank of Baroda.
- Money Transfer from UK (UAE Exchange) to Joint Account at Bank of
Baroda

8. SPONSORS ACCOMMODATION
- Land Registry Document.
- Council Tax Bill for past 2 years.
- Latest Annual Mortgage Statement.
- House Photos\Number of Rooms\Size of rooms Document from when I
originally moved in.
- House Survey.

9. MISCELLANEOUS
- Polling Card (Proof of other occupants i.e my mum).
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender Indian Passport and OCI Next!

Prem
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Prem » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 am

What docs did you provide for accomodation originally?
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender Indian Passport and OCI Next!

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:51 am

Prem wrote:What docs did you provide for accomodation originally?
The first time? I think, only rent agreements and utility bills.

Regards

Sunu

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Reg Credit Card. Spouse Settlement visa. Pls help

Post by sheejapy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:04 pm

sheejapy wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for spouse settlement visa to go to London, to join my husband, who has ILR there.

I got married in November 2008, and applied for Visa just after that. However got refused on the ground that my husband had an overdraft in his account. We have not put any covering letter in the application stating the reason for overdraft. Also he had less bank balance because of wedding expenditures.

It is 6 months after the visa refusal, and we have new set of bank statements showing consistence improvement in bank balance. He has saved 500+ for the first few months and then 1000+ in the last 2-3 months. Total we raised the funds upto 7000 pounds. Other than salary, he sold his car, and transferred some of money from his mother's account (which was left over after wedding).

I dont have any savings in my account, as I also spent all savings for marriage. I have gold with me worth 4000 pounds almost, but no proof to show that. I lost the bills :(

Even if we have parents as dependents, we will put a letter from them stating that they are retired pensioners ( we have their pension certificates as proof). We have no other dependents.

We have made the covering letter ready stating that all the over expenditures of at that time was because of wedding expenditures.

Has anybody gone through same situation and
do you think this much savings would help us to get through this time?

Sunu
Hi All,

To continue with my first query, I also would like to ask one for help from you. My husband has a credit card bill of almost 3000 pounds and he is paying from his account every month. He has not used credit card for the last few months, he is just paying off the money he used 6 months back. It shows in the bank statement. Can anybody tell me what we should do with that? Do we have to explain that in covering letter? Or do we have to attache the credit card statement? If we leave this at all, will we be refused again telling no explanation regarding that statement?

Somebody, please help.

Sunu

prettypolitical
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: England

Post by prettypolitical » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi there!!

Make sure when sending letters from family, friends etc that they are sent with a copy of their id such as passport or driving licence.

There has been a lot of speculation regarding letters in general which have been wrote for the purpose of the visa, I have even known them scrutinise the letters as not genuine, this happened to a couple of my personal friends.

Good luck and keep us all posted.
???REUNITED???

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 pm

prettypolitical wrote:Hi there!!

Make sure when sending letters from family, friends etc that they are sent with a copy of their id such as passport or driving licence.

There has been a lot of speculation regarding letters in general which have been wrote for the purpose of the visa, I have even known them scrutinise the letters as not genuine, this happened to a couple of my personal friends.

Good luck and keep us all posted.
Hi

Thanks for the mail. Can you pls explain little exactly what happened..They got visa refused telling those letters are not genuine????!!!

Sunu

prettypolitical
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: England

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Yeah!!!

They applied for a settlement visa, submitted all the evidence they had along with letters, some handwrittem and some typed, the visa was not solely refused on what they thought were not genuine letters, it was other issues as well but they did mention that they thought one of the letters were not genuine.

JUst something for you to consider as they may question the validity of the letter.

Good Luck
???REUNITED???

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Hmm. Ok. Noted with thanks :)
prettypolitical wrote:Yeah!!!

They applied for a settlement visa, submitted all the evidence they had along with letters, some handwrittem and some typed, the visa was not solely refused on what they thought were not genuine letters, it was other issues as well but they did mention that they thought one of the letters were not genuine.

JUst something for you to consider as they may question the validity of the letter.

Good Luck

prettypolitical
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: England

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:02 pm

JUst don't give them an inch to scrutinise anything otherwise you are looking at more delays. It just stops something before it starts!!!!

Good luck and keep us all posted!!!!
???REUNITED???

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Re: UK Settlement visa refused first time, applying again..

Post by sheejapy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:21 pm

sheejapy wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for spouse settlement visa to go to London, to join my husband, who has ILR there.

I got married in November 2008, and applied for Visa just after that. However got refused on the ground that my husband had an overdraft in his account. We have not put any covering letter in the application stating the reason for overdraft. Also he had less bank balance because of wedding expenditures.

It is 6 months after the visa refusal, and we have new set of bank statements showing consistence improvement in bank balance. He has saved 500+ for the first few months and then 1000+ in the last 2-3 months. Total we raised the funds upto 7000 pounds. Other than salary, he sold his car, and transferred some of money from his mother's account (which was left over after wedding).

I dont have any savings in my account, as I also spent all savings for marriage. I have gold with me worth 4000 pounds almost, but no proof to show that. I lost the bills :(

Even if we have parents as dependents, we will put a letter from them stating that they are retired pensioners ( we have their pension certificates as proof). We have no other dependents.

We have made the covering letter ready stating that all the over expenditures of at that time was because of wedding expenditures.

Has anybody gone through same situation and
do you think this much savings would help us to get through this time?

Sunu
Hi All,

I have applied for Visa on 25th August again. Long wait starts now.... I hope this time it goes through. I will keep you all posted the results.

However I forgot to include the budget :(.. But, the bank statements each month has positive opening balance and positive closing balance, and can see that each month my husband has moved 1000 pounds to his savings account from current. If they closely see the statements, it shows that savings account is growing every month. I hope this is enough for them...What do you think?

Sunu

Prem
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Prem » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Sunu

That looks good to me!!

What's the difference in question 8.7.10 & 8.7.15, is it more than £404??

Goodluck with the app :-) did you apply from Cochin? Keep checking the status oline ok, they only ring you 3-4 days after the status change.

We applied on June 24th and status changed on Jully 31st for medical, my wife only got called on 5th of August, so just over 5 weeks wait. I followed quite a few people applying from India and this has been the trend, look out for around the 1st of November.

Good Luck Again!!!!!
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender Indian Passport and OCI Next!

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 am

Prem wrote:Hi Sunu

That looks good to me!!

What's the difference in question 8.7.10 & 8.7.15, is it more than £404??

Goodluck with the app :-) did you apply from Cochin? Keep checking the status oline ok, they only ring you 3-4 days after the status change.

We applied on June 24th and status changed on Jully 31st for medical, my wife only got called on 5th of August, so just over 5 weeks wait. I followed quite a few people applying from India and this has been the trend, look out for around the 1st of November.

Good Luck Again!!!!!
Thanks Prem.

Yes there is more than 400.

I will keep checking in website for status. Thanks for the good luck.
Sunu

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:23 pm

sheejapy wrote:
Prem wrote:Hi Sunu

That looks good to me!!

What's the difference in question 8.7.10 & 8.7.15, is it more than £404??

Goodluck with the app :-) did you apply from Cochin? Keep checking the status oline ok, they only ring you 3-4 days after the status change.

We applied on June 24th and status changed on Jully 31st for medical, my wife only got called on 5th of August, so just over 5 weeks wait. I followed quite a few people applying from India and this has been the trend, look out for around the 1st of November.

Good Luck Again!!!!!
Thanks Prem.

Yes there is more than 400.

I will keep checking in website for status. Thanks for the good luck.
Sunu
Hi,

Seems the processing is little faster now. I applied on 25th Aug. Changed the status to 'Medical envelope in transit' on 11th Sep. Had to go for medicals for 2 days. First I went on 16th. Even though they called again on 18th I could not go, I went for medicals again on 23rd. So after medicals over, now waiting time...thinking for good.

I saw so many people who came for medical. For them also the processing time was less they agreed.

Sunu.

Prem
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Prem » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Sunu

Whats your status now? sorry I missed this message!
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender Indian Passport and OCI Next!

sheejapy
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: India

Post by sheejapy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Prem wrote:Hi Sunu

Whats your status now? sorry I missed this message!
Hi Prem,

They had sent the passport yesterday. As today is holiday, I could not collect. I might get it tomorrow.

Sunu.

Locked
cron