ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Appendix 2 Form Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pinaywife
Newly Registered
Philippines

UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Appendix 2 Form Query

Post by pinaywife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am

Hi. We will be submitting our application next week (June 2018). Fortunately, my husband got a promotion in the same work last May. But my question is:

My husband was on temp job since April 2018 but earning 24k a year. He got promoted to a permanent job last May and now earning 26,400. I am now confused on how to fill up the ff questions:

3.3 Main method of meeting the financial requirements: Complete 3a, Category A

3.5 Sponsor's job title: Scheduler (from Assistant Scheduler)

3.7 Date Sponsor commence this job title: 3 May 2018 (this is now permanent job as per promotion)

3.11 Sponsors annual income: 26,400 (new annual salary from May 2018. Before it was 24k

3.12 Has your sponsor been with the same employer and earning the amount as detailed in 3.11 above continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

Our answer is NO then go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment in the UK in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B)

Our answer is NO then go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor's total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?

Our answer is 24k

Can someone please help us how to answer the following questions pls. Are all our answer on each point correct?

I will be forever grateful xxx

Thank you so much in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Appendix 2 Form Query

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 am

For answering correctly firstly you will need to determine as how you are going to meet the requirement either category A or category B. If he started work in April and you applying now then it means he is with present employer from less than 6 months and therefore, has to rely on category B. For category B he must have earned £18600 during the last 12 months and that's what the form section is asking.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pinaywife
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by pinaywife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:55 am

Hi seagull. My husband has been employed by the same employer since march 2017 as temp position and earning 24k. By May 2018, he was promoted (by same employer) as permanent and will earn 26,400.

Thus my query as follows:

Main method of meeting the financial requirements: Complete 3a, Category A

Sponsor's job title: Scheduler (from Assistant Scheduler)

Date Sponsor commence this job title: 3 May 2018 (this is now permanent job as per promotion)

Sponsors annual income: 26,400 (new annual salary from May 2018. Before it was 24k

3.12 Has your sponsor been with the same employer and earning the amount as detailed in 3.11 above continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

Our answer is NO then go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment in the UK in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B)

Our answer is NO then go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor's total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?

Our answer is 24k

Can someone please help us how to answer the following questions pls on Appendix 2.

I will be forever grateful xxx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:25 pm

After you explain further as since when your partner is working which in your case will definitely category A salaried person. In my opinion you shouldn't say no to 3.12 rather say yes but explain in additional info section and in employer letter that his salary was increased. HO more likely will take the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months to calculate the annual wages which in your case will be sufficient due to already earning above the threshold.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pinaywife
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by pinaywife » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am

Again, thank you very much Seagul. You are very helpful! God bless.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ntb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 am

Hi pinaywife,
sorry to jump in

I am in the same predicament as you were. Did this work for you? I was advised by someone to do the same but want to double check with someone who has actually done it.