ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Raj86
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Mine says awaiting for decision sinces 6th march lol so

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 pm

That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Mash17101 wrote:That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.
(14) refusal by a sponsor of a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom to give, if requested to do so, an undertaking in writing to be responsible for that person’s maintenance and accommodation for the period of any leave granted;

If your acquaintance was sponsoring their spouse and exceeded the MIR this is the only ground for refusal I can find on adequate maintenance grounds. Unless you can provide the court transcript of the particular case please don't further distress other members of the forum with anecdotal "I know someone etc"

Provide the court case and I stand apologetic and corrected.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm

SimonS wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.
(14) refusal by a sponsor of a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom to give, if requested to do so, an undertaking in writing to be responsible for that person’s maintenance and accommodation for the period of any leave granted;

If your acquaintance was sponsoring their spouse and exceeded the MIR this is the only ground for refusal I can find on adequate maintenance grounds. Unless you can provide the court transcript of the particular case please don't further distress other members of the forum with anecdotal "I know someone etc"

Hi simon you are correct however i was merely stating that the guidlines are so strict that even the ecos sometime make errors which the court then have to rectify never the less i was not trying to distress anyone apologies.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Mash17101 wrote:
SimonS wrote:

Hi simon you are correct however i was merely stating that the guidlines are so strict that even the ecos sometime make errors which the court then have to rectify never the less i was not trying to distress anyone apologies.
Hi Mash,

no problem and I agree, the rules are unreasonably strict and in certain cases they do look for any excuse to refuse. The rules are unnecessarily immoral and the outrageous point about the situation is that the HO are seemingly, completely unaccountable.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Dear after paying IHS of your kids , have you got visa or any update please share

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 am

ukguyinlondon wrote:yesterday (21st June 17) almost after 3 months we received an email stating: case not straightforward

biometrics was on 21st March (for wife and 2 kids)
Salary wise double the requirement.. plus other bits were straightforward (i think!)

so not very sure about case not straightforward bit - yes last Jan 2016 we had tried applying for visit visa for wife n kids which got rejected bcoz couldn;t show she had strong connection to India and would return back..

I came across another similar case - madhu_zoom: they received 'not straightforward' email but after 2 days received email asking for IHS fees for the kids (as during application for some reason kids IHS comes as 0) - so requesting for IHS seems like a positive move for madhu i think.. but not sure what has happened after..

Anyways - will have to wait and see what happens -
Anyone with case not straightforward email - would be good if you share your experiences

Hi ,

after making IHS payment of your kids have you received visa ?
please share

unitedkingdom12
Newly Registered

Post by unitedkingdom12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 am

hi

today i called to UKVI, they said ur last update on 12 june awaiting a decision. she says you provide me all information and i will escalate your case. she take all information about the application. How much time to take after escalation the case.. Escalate the case is usefull or not. I m confuse.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 am

Anyone waiting from November ?

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am

Raj86 wrote:Anyone waiting from November ?
As far I know no one waiting from November 2016.
And as I was going thru some other forums, I learned people who applied in Dec month none of them got results still now. Dec month cursed many families and people who applied recently (i.e march and april) they got approvals.

How about approaching BBC ? if they can help us in making a short news about this might help us little.

hm7
Newly Registered

Post by hm7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 am

I think we should approach bbc. It may not bring many results but something is better than nothing.

We should raise how is this delay affecting our personal life's, living apart for months and months. Moreover, it is so difficult to work with all the stress because of this delay.

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 am

bahadar wrote:Hi Dear after paying IHS of your kids , have you got visa or any update please share
Hi Bahadar
It wasn't me who got the IHS request. It was user madhu_zoom - they got the not straightforward email and then after 2 days request for IHS for the 2 kids... I am not sure what happened after that - I have messaged them

as for me still waiting to see what happens...
will keep posted

are you also in similar position..

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 am

Hi guys

I recieved the case not straight foward email after 2 months of waiting. For the people on here who recieved this email I would like to know what there next step is? Are you guys still waiting? Is there any contact?

Thank you

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Bob,
I have received a case not straight forward after 3 months of Application and I am still waiting.

Have called and emailed them but haven't been successful.

The last update is that my application is awaiting decision since 8th June. I don't know what to make of it other than waiting.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:46 pm

tarunmsn1981 wrote:
And as I was going thru some other forums, I learned people who applied in Dec month none of them got results still now. Dec month cursed many families and people who applied recently (i.e march and april) they got approvals.

How about approaching BBC ? if they can help us in making a short news about this might help us little.
Yes u r right
We should do it because Ho my answering any of our
Emails, phone and MP letters as well
So last option is BBC may be it will be workout
If anyone help us to tell our this situation on bbc
Plz answer is it possible to give by one person

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

MissVanCityExpat wrote:Hi all,

I have yet another delayed application to add to the growing pile...

Visa: FLR(M) extension from within the UK
Application posted: 9th Feb
Confirmation of receipt of application letter: Dated 16 Feb
Biometrics: Taken on 21st Feb
Request for NHS Health Surcharge payment letter dated 16 Feb. Paid 21st Feb. (This was initially overlooked by me as it was newly implemented and I didn't need to pay it for the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).)
Letter from HO re: outstanding policy issues which may affect my application: Dated 21st March
Letter from HO re: exceptionally complex issues, with expected decision to be made on 27 June: Dated 9th May
Letter written to HO re: bringing the decision forward by two weeks due to holiday planned/paid for the previous year (travel date 10th June): Dated 15th May
Letter from HO re: on hold due to Supreme Court ruling: dated 15 June

My husband is British/my sponsor and he earns well over double the financial requirement and I am on £30k. We have no children, so we are calling BS on the hold on our application. Considering the fact that most people got the Supreme Court letter in May, and I have just received mine now, it looks like the HO may be even more behind than it appears.

I have lost a significant amount of money due to a missed holiday and I have also missed out on a very good job offer and pay rise due to the fact that I didn't have my visa in hand. I have had to take unpaid leave from work as I am trapped in a job I am desperate to leave and can't until I have proof I am legally entitled to work. All that to say, as I am sure everyone else is aware, that this delay is causing a fair amount of stress, missed opportunities and just generally ALL LIFE THINGS on hold.

My husband and I were thinking of going to the papers with the story - has anyone done this/considering this?
Hi miss please go further to paper that will be helpful
Other people as well we all are on forum applied from outside
UK so we not able to take much action as u can
Please also mention all other stories who r waiting for
Spouse visa from 6 months what is game which ukvi playing
With all our lives plz go through media we all with u
If. U need any help from us
Thnx

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

UK spouse visa on hold or massive delays

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:02 pm

As i said earlier I have applied settlement visa for my wife on 14-Dec-2016 from India.
On 03-Mar-2017 : Received email from Sheffield UKVI stating my case is not straightforward.
waited for 2 months and recently I have contacted UKVI via paid email and phone services (paid 35 quids) and they escalated my case 2 times.

After escalating 2 times , Today received mail from UKVI Sheffield office :

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04XXXXXX
For Firstname Surname,
Thank you for your enquiry
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. There is currently no change to this.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
UKVI Contact Centre Service – Sheffield Visa Section

It has been more than 6 months (132 working days completed) still they are saying can't provide a timescale. Completely pissed off. Even buffaloes are far better than these money eating and sleeping rats.

pixelrage09
India

Re: UK spouse visa on hold or massive delays

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 pm

tarunmsn1981 wrote:As i said earlier I have applied settlement visa for my wife on 14-Dec-2016 from India.
On 03-Mar-2017 : Received email from Sheffield UKVI stating my case is not straightforward.
waited for 2 months and recently I have contacted UKVI via paid email and phone services (paid 35 quids) and they escalated my case 2 times.

After escalating 2 times , Today received mail from UKVI Sheffield office :

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04XXXXXX
For Firstname Surname,
Thank you for your enquiry
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. There is currently no change to this.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
UKVI Contact Centre Service – Sheffield Visa Section

It has been more than 6 months (132 working days completed) still they are saying can't provide a timescale. Completely pissed off. Even buffaloes are far better than these money eating and sleeping rats.

Tarun,

Did you get the on-hold email or the "awaiting a decision" status?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm

bham wrote:
tarunmsn1981 wrote:

Yes u r right
We should do it because Ho my answering any of our
Emails, phone and MP letters as well
So last option is BBC may be it will be workout
If anyone help us to tell our this situation on bbc
Plz answer is it possible to give by one person
Hi guys
I talk with Des perdes weekly about this news publish on
News paper they don't charge for it it's free but they just told
I need to give our phone below this news
So what u r suestion about this we should go for it
If anyone wanna talk to them u can find online it's des
Perdes weekly southall but I'm don't know how can approch to
BBC plz advice

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi Pixelarge

whats your timelines did you also got case not straight email ????? sorry if not