ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa renewal process - After a gap of 2 yrs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Albert2308
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa renewal process - After a gap of 2 yrs

Post by Albert2308 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could shed some thoughts on my current circumstance. I am a Bristish and my Wife is an Indian. We got married in Aug 2013 and my wife moved to UK on Spouse visa in Dec 2013 for a term of 2.6 yrs. Unfortunately during the time of her expiry in 2016, She had to leave UK on a family emergency as there was 2 death in the family back to back in India. She wanted to stay in India to for sometime to let go the greiving process. Now she is doing well and I am in the process of re applying a fresh new spouse visa again.

The problem I have is her Visa got expired when she was away from uk and also she has gap of 1.8 yrs from the time of expiry if I want to re apply

I am thinking of re-applying as a complete new spouse visa from India

Concern I have is

1) Is the right way/ process as she already been in UK for more than 2 yrs or is there anything else ?
2) Secondly will there a problem as a husband and wife we are not together 1yr 10 months eventhough we are in touch and also I went to India twice in this gap to meet her.

Any thoughts and help, would be greatly appreciate.

vinny

Re: UK spouse visa renewal process - After a gap of 2 yrs

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:45 am

1. She may apply for a spouse visa under Appendix FM. Her 5-year qualifying period for SET(M) will start when she enters the UK.
2. Include evidence of subsisting marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Albert2308
Newly Registered

Post by Albert2308 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the information. I just want to address that my wife currently in Indian and she would be applying it from VFS office.

I had a look at Appendix FM and didnt see any form relating to it.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I need to apply the new Spouse Visa all again by filling the form with evidence ? Also thanks for the Subsisting marriage info. I will ensure to add the cover letter and also subsisting marriage info.

Would this process would be right approach ?

Thanks a ton in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Albert2308
Newly Registered

Post by Albert2308 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for you response again

I tried following the link you provided - ''Apply as a partner or spouse'' . This led to me the the part
"You must apply online from outside the UK and also You must also complete Appendix 2" as my wife is in India. The Link leads me ''new UK visa application website'' Under this webside there is no option to apply for visa for spouse unlike the old one.

The only Option I have is to choose ''Settlement'' sub category ''Wife''. I found a paid number of Home office and managed to get one of the guy on the phone. I must admit he wasn't much clear but what I understand from his conversation is that my wife needs to fill the online new website under - ''Settlement'' and sub category ''Wife'' and then she needs to submit documents from her end in India which in return will be sent back to sheffield UK. And then Home office will reach out to me to get required information - ''Sponsors'' Information ( Passport, Letter from my employer, payslip etc). Upon the receipt of my documents from UK and my Wife's documents which they received from India, they would be come to a decision.

This sounds absolute new to me as the old process of applying spouse visa was completely different as last time we submitted all documents including mine and my wife in India and she got the visa right back in India ( Bangalore) itself.

Would appreciate if you or anyone here knows much about this change. I am still unclear, If I need send sponsers documents back to India where my wife can submit or I need to wait for the Homeoffice to approach me in India.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:18 am

See also Important information.
Settlement application - All customers applying for UK settlement, including Priority Visa applicants, must send their supporting documentation directly to UKVI in Sheffield, UK by post. Prior to sending any documentation to UKVI, applicants should make sure that the courier company they are planning to use will deliver to Post Office (PO) Box addresses in the UK.
Scanning process for settlement supporting documents - A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in all Indian visa application centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents.
Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
I doubt that the Home Office will reach out to you to get the documents.