ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa (tax code)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SA98
Newly Registered
Mood:

UK Spouse Visa (tax code)

Post by SA98 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello everyone.
This is my first post ever. I hope I can get advice from someone.
I’m very worried about a spouse visa application my husband submitted from Pakistan.
It’s been 1 and a half month since we applied and I just realised I haven’t been paying tax on my current full time employment. I also realised my employer was using the wrong tax code which doesn’t exist due to typo from his side for all 6 months payslips that we submitted in the application. Me and my husband are so worried :cry: :cry: Please can anyone advise what we can do now? I have spoken to HMRC and they have updated everything and going forward I will be paying tax each month to make up for my last 6 months underpaid tax. However, I’m worried what if HO sees that my payslips clearly shows 0.0 Income tax and wrong tax code.
Please help anyone :cry: :cry:

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: UK Spouse Visa (tax code)

Post by Theunknownusername » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:21 pm

Were there any developments SA98? Hope everything is okay!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm

SA98 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:33 pm
Hello everyone.
I’m very worried about a spouse visa application my husband submitted from Pakistan.
It’s been 1 and a half month since we applied and I just realised I haven’t been paying tax on my current full time employment. I also realised my employer was using the wrong tax code which doesn’t exist due to typo from his side for all 6 months payslips that we submitted in the application. Me and my husband are so worried :cry: :cry: Please can anyone advise what we can do now? I have spoken to HMRC and they have updated everything and going forward I will be paying tax each month to make up for my last 6 months underpaid tax. However, I’m worried what if HO sees that my payslips clearly shows 0.0 Income tax and wrong tax code.
If the caseworker do carries out checks on your income, they are likely to contact your employer as well as HRMC and if your tax code has been resolved, your employer will inform the UKVI of the issue but it is you and your employer responsibility to ensure you are paying tax otherwise tax will start chasing you up.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

SA98
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SA98 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Theunknownusername wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:21 pm
Were there any developments SA98? Hope everything is okay!
I have addressed the issues and made arrangements to pay the tax. One amount in cheque which has gone through and the other amount through my next salary. However, recently my lawyer received an email saying a decision has been made. What could this mean? They told her the documents are on their way to the vfs centre and they’ll inform you shortly when to collect them. Is this a positive sign or negative? Me and my employer hasn’t been contact yet.
Please reply.

SA98
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SA98 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm
SA98 wrote:
Hello everyone.
If the caseworker do carries out checks on your income, they are likely to contact your employer as well as HRMC and if your tax code has been resolved, your employer will inform the UKVI of the issue but it is you and your employer responsibility to ensure you are paying tax otherwise tax will start chasing you up.
They have not contacted me or my employer yet but a decision has been made and they told my employer the documents are on their way back to the vfs centre. It’s so nerve racking because I am wondering if it’s gonna be a success or not. When a case is rejected do they send you a document or the vfs centre?
Many thanks

SA98
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SA98 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm

SA98 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm
TODMATT wrote:
SA98 wrote:
Hello everyone.
They have not contacted me or my employer yet but a decision has been made and they told my employer the documents are on their way back to the vfs centre. It’s so nerve racking because I am wondering if it’s gonna be a success or not. When a case is rejected do they send you a document or the vfs centre?
Many thanks
They informed my lawyer that the documents are on their way back to the vfs centre *

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:16 am

SA98 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm
SA98 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm
TODMATT wrote:
SA98 wrote:
Hello everyone.
Many thanks
They informed my lawyer that the documents are on their way back to the vfs centre *
Depends if you subscribed to return documents by courier service or not. People on here can not tell you what the outcome is till you receive/pick up and open your passport or read documents. Hope for the best and update the forum when you know the decision or outcome.