ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed fiancé visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TJD_UK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Unemployed fiancé visa question

Post by TJD_UK » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi guys,

My fiancé and I are currently collecting the required evidence to submit a fiancé visa application and I had a question around the financial side of things.

We’ve just returned from traveling so I’m currently unemployed but looking for a job at the moment that is likely to meet the £18.5k threshold.

I know I won’t qualify for salaried employment category A. However, I wanted to double check if I would qualify for category B salaried employment.

I've earned over £19k (gross) in the last 12 months, my bonus + regular paycheck was paid on 25th April 2019 which puts me over the threshold. Would I qualify if I manage to secure employment and finish the application prior to the 25th April 2020? I’m hoping to secure a permanent role ASAP but would it matter if I started my role after the application was submitted? For example, my contract states I start employment 4th May 2020 and earn over £18.5k per annum.

I know this is probably a strange scenario but I wanted to double check before we progressed with the application.

Appreciate any help on this matter.

Stay safe!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Unemployed fiancé visa question

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:31 pm

TJD_UK wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:14 pm

I've earned over £19k (gross) in the last 12 months, my bonus + regular paycheck was paid on 25th April 2019 which puts me over the threshold. Would I qualify if I manage to secure employment and finish the application prior to the 25th April 2020?
If you mean that you were last employed & paid on April 2019 then you can't fulfill the criteria because your earnings will be way older than 12 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm

TJD_UK wrote:
I’m hoping to secure a permanent role ASAP but would it matter if I started my role after the application was submitted?
It does matter I'm afraid. If you're planning to meet the financial requirement through employment, you need to be employed on the date of application.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TJD_UK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by TJD_UK » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:31 pm
TJD_UK wrote:

I've earned over £19k (gross) in the last 12 months, my bonus + regular paycheck was paid on 25th April 2019 which puts me over the threshold. Would I qualify if I manage to secure employment and finish the application prior to the 25th April 2020?
If you mean that you were last employed & paid on April 2019 then you can't fulfill the criteria because your earnings will be way older than 12 months.
Apologies, I should have specified. My employment ran from April 2019 - September 2019 and is over the £18.5k threshold.

TJD_UK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by TJD_UK » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm
TJD_UK wrote:
I’m hoping to secure a permanent role ASAP but would it matter if I started my role after the application was submitted?
It does matter I'm afraid. If you're planning to meet the financial requirement through employment, you need to be employed on the date of application.
Ah okay, I hope to get something very soon then. Thanks for the clarification :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:55 pm

TJD_UK wrote:
Hi guys,

My fiancé and I are currently collecting the required evidence to submit a fiancé visa application and I had a question around the financial side of things.

We’ve just returned from traveling

Where have you returned from travelling? Are you in UK or outside of UK? Also do you know that fiancee visa can only be applied from outside of UK?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TJD_UK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by TJD_UK » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:55 pm
TJD_UK wrote:
Hi guys,

We’ve just returned from traveling

Where have you returned from travelling? Are you in UK or outside of UK? Also do you know that fiancee visa can only be applied from outside of UK?
Yeah, we read that before we finished traveling. I'm back in the UK and my fiancé is in her home country.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:49 am

TJD_UK wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:31 pm
TJD_UK wrote:

Apologies, I should have specified. My employment ran from April 2019 - September 2019 and is over the £18.5k threshold.
During the present financially volatile situation hardly any new employer will offer you fixed wages (salaried employment) which is one of the way to meet the requirement of category B. There is high recruitment going on in supermarkets which if you wish then may consider.