ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Expert Help - Partner Visa Extension - Cohab Guidance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

K12837J
Newly Registered
India

Urgent Expert Help - Partner Visa Extension - Cohab Guidance

Post by K12837J » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Dear Experts,

I need your help and guidance on my Wife's extension application specifically around Cohab proof.

Background
1) We got married in India in Feb 2020 (just before lockdown).
2) Following successful application for Visa in India, she was able to join me in London in April 2020 during the lockdown via an evacuation flight out of india.
3) I am struggling with evidence on Cohab requirements we dont have any joint evidence.

In 2020, she could not find a job, hence we neither bothered to open a bank account for her nor got her into sharing bills. Till today all bills are in my name solely. She only got a job 1 year later in April 2021.

Given the requirement that I have to prove atleast 2 years of cohabiting, i am struggling with evidence. However i have the following docs:
- NI number application allotment letter from Department for Work & Pensions for my wife
- Voter's Registration for her on our address

- Council Tax Bill with her and my name
- Covid Vaccination certificate letter from NHS for both of us mentioning our address

- NI number confirmation downloaded from website which states the address and both our names
- Council Tax statement downloaded from website which states the address and both our names
- Letter from council confirming the Voter's registered on our address and date of registration for each.
- Letter from Doctor (GP) mentioning our address and name and that we are registered at the practice since XXXX.

I will be attaching a cover letter explaining the situation that we do not have much evidence as all bills are under my name etc etc.

Is the sufficient. Any guidance will be extremely helpful.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent Expert Help - Partner Visa Extension - Cohab Guidance

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:51 pm

Requirements is for last 2 years spaced evenly 3-4 months and from minimum 3 sources.
In the situation you have described provide all what you have.

K12837J
Newly Registered
India

Post by K12837J » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 pm

thanks @AmazonianX

However the evidence I have listed are single letters in a particular year not multiple letters spaced out every 3-4 months unfortunately. Will this pose any issues?

For example: when the NI number was alloted, thats one letter and then i just downloaded the NI number letter from the website in 2022, so single letter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:42 am

K12837J wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 pm
thanks @AmazonianX

However the evidence I have listed are single letters in a particular year not multiple letters spaced out every 3-4 months unfortunately. Will this pose any issues? Do you have others that can be presented? If no, present all you have got and Explainin cover letter

For example: when the NI number was alloted, thats one letter and then i just downloaded the NI number letter from the website in 2022, so single letter. Note that when it comes down to it, any correspondence showing name and address is acceptable. Online receipts/invoices/bills accepted.
N