ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using Spouses Income to Meet Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rucn
Newly Registered

Using Spouses Income to Meet Financial Requirement

Post by rucn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

Hi guys,

I have what seems to be a simple question, but it’s hard to find a definite answer!

When my spouse was issued the first 2.5 years of her visa, we relied on my income to meet the financial requirement as she was studying at the time.

Her visa is due for renewal in around 8 months.

My question is this: I would like to quit my full time job and begin contracting. Based on how this goes, I may or may not be able to prove 6 months of continuous income. HOWEVER, my spouse is in full time employment and comfortably meets the minimum income threshold.

So, if I were out of employment at the time of renewal, can my wife’s own income be used to meet the financial requirement? I ask as she is only able to work in the UK due to the fact that she is married to me, so I wanted to ensure that this doesn’t mean I have to be the one meeting the income requirements.

Any advice you can give would be much appeciated!

Many thanks,

Rory

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Using Spouses Income to Meet Financial Requirement

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am

EITHER income can be used for extension of a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rucn
Newly Registered

Re: Using Spouses Income to Meet Financial Requirement

Post by rucn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Your emphatic response puts my mind at ease, thank you!