ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette replacement for partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ransim94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Vignette replacement for partner visa

Post by ransim94 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 am

Hello everyone,

I applied for a partner visa on 17 February 2021 and collected my visa today after getting an email asking to come and collect the passport at the local VFS centre.

My application was successful and the letter stating that was dated 28th April 2021 and my visa is valid from 05 May 2021 till 03 August 2024. But due to the COVID-19 restrictions here in Nepal which started from 29th April which meant the local VFS centres were closed and they only informed us today since things are starting to open now.

I have been given 90 days entry period but I am 8 months into my pregnancy now and don't see myself travelling to the UK in the next month especially since Nepal is still in the red list. And because of the delay by VFS to return the passport/decision letter, I have already lost a month and half.

So I am planning to make a vignette replacement application but had the following questions:

1. Is the vignette replacement granted only for extra 30 days or is there some leeway to ask for at least 2 or 3 months since it was not my fault that I had not got back the documents?

2. How early does the vignette replacement application can/should be made if my entry expiry date is 03 August 2021?

Thank you for your time.