ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application denied 3 times - reason tiny cut on thumb

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Visa application denied 3 times - reason tiny cut on thumb

Post by gainvidya » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:51 am

Hi,

My In-Laws are going to VFS British visa application centre but the staff there is rejecting their application because of a tiny cut on the thumb and have asked them to come back when that heals up. The problem in I need them as soon as possible as I wife is pregnant and in her last few weeks. The whole visa process will take at least 2-3 weeks so I desperately need my in-laws to come as soon as possible.

Any advice is much appreciated

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:56 pm

You will have to wait til the cut is healed. If you are desperate for one to come let the one whose hand is OK to apply and wait for the others to heal then apply
pennyless

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 pm

this sounds ridiculous...I would take a note and make a gross complaint

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:59 am

jimmurray wrote:this sounds ridiculous...I would take a note and make a gross complaint
that is not helpful .
It clearly states that hands need to be free of cuts etc . No need for gross complaints just some patience.
You could go back and ask them to try again explaining the need to travel .
pennyless

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Visa application denied 3 times - reason tiny cut on thu

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 am

gainvidya wrote:Hi,

My In-Laws are going to VFS British visa application centre but the staff there is rejecting their application because of a tiny cut on the thumb and have asked them to come back when that heals up. The problem in I need them as soon as possible as I wife is pregnant and in her last few weeks. The whole visa process will take at least 2-3 weeks so I desperately need my in-laws to come as soon as possible.

have they both got cuts on their thumbs?

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
jimmurray wrote:this sounds ridiculous...I would take a note and make a gross complaint
that is not helpful .
It clearly states that hands need to be free of cuts etc . No need for gross complaints just some patience.
You could go back and ask them to try again explaining the need to travel .
lol...I thought u meant the officer had a cut and refused to do work...totally forgot about biometrics..

then again with david cameroon and co these rules are getting so ridiculous one wouldn't put it pass them

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Re: Visa application denied 3 times - reason tiny cut on thu

Post by gainvidya » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Greenie wrote:
gainvidya wrote:Hi,

have they both got cuts on their thumbs?
They get impression of the both the hands. My Mother In Law has a tiny cut on her right hand thumb. They have been to the application centre 3 times and they denied her application all the 3 times so far.

This is is ridiculous.

I dont know if this can help but both me and my wife are British Citizen. could we raise this issue with our local MP as this is a unreasonable issue and we are running out of time.