ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should I have do to be with my fiance in the UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rudina
Newly Registered

What should I have do to be with my fiance in the UK?

Post by rudina » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 am

Hi
I need informacion.
I am from Kosovo and I am engaged with a man who live and work in the UK.I need to go there too,but i don't know how.!Here in my country if people get married they will get their marriage certificate,but I'm not married,I'm engaged,so I don't possess marriage certificate.My plan is to went in London and get married there,so I need to know if this is possible and what should I have to do?
Documents I possess:
Our birth certificate,
My original passport and copy of my fiance passport,
His work payslips,
His bank payslips,
His home contract,
and work contract,
Our photos (proof that we are together,and love each other),
Our e-mails, messages and phone calls.
Do I need other documents for visa applying (visa for fiance) ?
Please write and help me.!

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:31 am

Hi,
U have not mentioned in what visa status ur fiance is in the U.K. If he is on a work permit, u will need to fill up form VAF1 which can be downloaded from any British embassy website. U seem to have most of the documents required and ur application should be successful provided ur relationship is 2 years or older.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:00 am

I am engaged with a man who live and work in the UK.
As already pointed out, you need to be a lot more specific as regards your fiancé's UK immigration status. Is he a British Citizen, or if not a Citizen of what country?

And if he is here on a visa, please specify what type of visa?
John

rudina
Newly Registered

Post by rudina » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 am

Ok thanks for your reply and sorry for my uncertainty.
My fiance is also from Kosovo (albanian nationality).He went in the UK before 5 years ago and he is not a British Citizen yet.Currently he possess a Travel Document (passport) and of course he is in a work permit.(he live there as regullary resident).
He is waiting to get a British passport in 2007 (approximatley in January or February).
But I need to know: Is it necessary a marrige certificate for me as a fiance? (because we aren't married,we are just engaged).
And I plan to aply for visa as a fiance,to come in the UK and to get married there.Is it possible or not???

Thanks again and sorry if I was unclear.

John

Post by John » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:26 am

He is waiting to get a British passport in 2007
Because you have written that I am going to assume that he has ILR ... Indefinite Leave to Remain. If that is indeed the case then he is said to be "settled" in the UK and thus he is well able to act as your sponsor for a fiancée visa.

Go to this webpage on the UKVisas website and then download the VAF2 application form and also the INF4 Guidance Notes. Don't be confused by the title of those Guidance Notes. They do actually have a section relating to fiancée visas.

Once you have read those documents, if you have further queries then don't hesitate to post again.

After the fiancée visa is granted you will have permission to come to the UK, and to marry here. The fiancée visa is issued for a 6 month period. You will need to marry during that period, and after the marriage has happened you will be able to convert your fiancée visa into a spouse visa in the UK.
John

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:32 pm

John wrote:Because you have written that I am going to assume that he has ILR ... Indefinite Leave to Remain.
The person is also saying "he is on a work permit". It's very difficult to expect clear advice with such ambiguous questions.