ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing FLR(IR) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

redbus44
Newly Registered
Australia

Withdrawing FLR(IR) application

Post by redbus44 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Hi There,

I'm on an ancestry visa which runs out in October, of which my wife is also a dependant on.

I've just submitted the FLR(IR) to add my new baby (who was born in UK) as a dependant also. However after submitting the application and paying the fee (and insurance surcharge), I think I want to withdraw the application.

The main reason being, is it looks to be a more logical approach to simply apply for her British passport once either my wife or I gain ILR. If we proceed with the FLR(IR) for my daughter, we will pay the application fee, Insurance,, and STILL have to convert her to ILR when we do our applications in September. Expensive..

Obviously the big caveat is we can't leave the country as my daughter would then be subject to immigration controls, but given the current pandemic, that's not really too much of an issue.

Anyway, the main question is:
- Has anybody withdrawn a FLR(IR) successfully
- Did you get your fees and IHC back?
- Are there any possible downsides to doing this

(some background research that I got stuck on)
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa looks like this should be fine, and we may get a refund'
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml -
Online withdrawal application (linked from above) doesn't actually have a FLR(IR) withdrawal option?

Thanks,
--redbus44

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Withdrawing FLR(IR) application

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 pm

and STILL have to convert her to ILR when we do our applications in September.
No you don't. There is NO requirement for a UK born child to apply for ilr or even hold a visa if you plan on registering the child as British once you have ilr.

If you withdraw before enrolling biometrics, you get your fees back. If you withdraw after enrolling biomterics you do not.

Your child won't be covered by the free NHS service once they are 3 months old and you could be charged at 150% cost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

redbus44
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Withdrawing FLR(IR) application

Post by redbus44 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Thanks. This is good information.

Does anybody know how to cancel this application? It's FLR(IR), however the "online cancellation form" does not allow this catagory?

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... 1609272147

I've been trying for a week to call the 0345 number, but it just times out. My best guess is to email ukvigeneral@mailgb.custhelp.com ?

--Redbus44