ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wrong visa issued

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussini
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

wrong visa issued

Post by hussini » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 am

Hello everyone,
me and my family have been issued wrong visa, instead issuing us 2years visa (father sponsor) but we got 5 years visa instead, it was going to expire 3/02/2017 and we applied for ILR but the home office refused it. we went to court for hearing on 18/10/2018 but the hearing last 6 hours. the home office was arguing that the visa was wrong and we should be deported back to Pakistan. my barrister has her own arguments. please can someone tell me if there is any chance for us to win it or someone else has been in our situation. I need some help please reply if you can

Casa

Re: wrong visa issued

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 am

hussini wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 am
Hello everyone,
me and my family have been issued wrong visa, instead issuing us 2years visa (father sponsor) but we got 5 years visa instead, it was going to expire 3/02/2017 and we applied for ILR but the home office refused it. we went to court for hearing on 18/10/2018 but the hearing last 6 hours. the home office was arguing that the visa was wrong and we should be deported back to Pakistan. my barrister has her own arguments. please can someone tell me if there is any chance for us to win it or someone else has been in our situation. I need some help please reply if you can
As your post has no relevance to the Brexit referendum, it has been moved to the correct sub-forum.

Unless you give more information on your immigration history, it will be impossible for anyone to advise you. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:48 pm

The Home Office agrument doesn't seem to make any sense. If they isssued the wrong visa, then why should you be deported?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hussini
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by hussini » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi Vinny,

thanks I don't really know, we are still waiting for the judge decision, It has been 4 weeks but we have not heard yet

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 am
Unless you give more information on your immigration history, it will be impossible for anyone to advise you. :idea:
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.