ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence ilr questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier1entrepreneur
Newly Registered

10 year long residence ilr questions

Post by tier1entrepreneur » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Dear Expert,

First of all I do apologies if I have started my post in a wrong thread I wasn't sure how to start a fresh post and was not able to find a post similar to my query.

I am preparing to apply for my wife ILR on the basis of 10 year route in the beginning of may 2021

Immigration History:

She came to UK 27th May 2011 on Tier 1 PSW Dependent Visa
Then in 2012 switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent
Initial visa application was refused. Right of appeal and we won the case in the court
2016 I got my ILR on the basis of 10 years and Mrs. switched to Spouse visa.
Got my British Citizenship in 2019
2 kids both born in the UK both British citizen

She will be eligible to apply for ILR on British spouse basis in Nov 2021

As per my understanding after she will receive her ILR she can apply for Naturalization straightaway because she is a spouse of British citizen but I am not entirely sure she can do this even we get ILR on the basis of 10 year route so this my 1st query.

Secondly what are the documentation required if we Apply using 10 year route and 5 Year spouse visa route and which one is better in our situation

Also in 2012 when our tier 1 entrepreneur visa was refused and the right of appeal was given we managed to win the case. Does this create any gaps in long residency ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 year long residence ilr questions

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 am

I suggest the Long residence route as she will be eligible soon and also ILR under family route needs all sort of financial support documents. Long residence simply needs a few docs, just all the passports, her BRP, LIUK and English.

Regarding your application in 2012, if you won the appeal and got the visa then there was NO refusal at all.

Also, note that the path in which she gets ILR has no effect on her application for British citizenship. She will be eligible to apply immediately after her ILR beasue she is spouse of a British citizen
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice