ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Star101

10 years ILR

Post by Star101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 am

Hi Guys
this question is for my friend he doesnt use this forum, he is on Tier 1 Ent expiring May 2018, but 10 years completing in this September, never lived outside UK more than 40 days in a year. The only thing worry, does he need to take all his company documents as he did submit in Tier 1 Ent extension and second thing does home office considering hours worked in back in the years 2008 and 2009 if he does more hours..

marcnath

Re: 10 years ILR

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 am

Star101 wrote:Hi Guys
this question is for my friend he doesnt use this forum, he is on Tier 1 Ent expiring May 2018, but 10 years completing in this September, never lived outside UK more than 40 days in a year. The only thing worry, does he need to take all his company documents as he did submit in Tier 1 Ent extension and second thing does home office considering hours worked in back in the years 2008 and 2009 if he does more hours..
He doesn't need any of the documents related to Tier 1 normally, but the officer can ask for it. And there have been many people who have been asked for it.
So, if he is going to the PEO, safer to have it with him rather than risk a delay.
Star101 wrote: does home office considering hours worked in back in the years 2008 and 2009 if he does more hours..
Don't understand this. Are you saying he violated some visa conditions in 2008 and 2009 ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi he worked no of hours while he was on holiday from college , but if the officer check with HMRC the total no will be high and if he divides by 52 weeks it would be more than 20 hours while he was on student visa , so whats the way to poof this he worked more hours while on holiday , hope you understand
thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Star101 wrote:Hi he worked no of hours while he was on holiday from college , but if the officer check with HMRC the total no will be high and if he divides by 52 weeks it would be more than 20 hours while he was on student visa , so whats the way to poof this he worked more hours while on holiday , hope you understand
thanks
There is a good chance it will be checked.
Get as much evidence as he can as to the weeks he worked, the hours per week and the school timetable.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi
Thanks for your prompt reply
but it is nearly impossible to gathering these documents as the college is closed and no previous timetable etc available
dont know what does need to do , so it means he should for 5 year route instead of 10 years route . ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Star101 wrote:Hi
Thanks for your prompt reply
but it is nearly impossible to gathering these documents as the college is closed and no previous timetable etc available
dont know what does need to do , so it means he should for 5 year route instead of 10 years route . ?
I would consider the risks are the same. UKVI could check all stay irrespective of whether it is 5 year or 10 year route.
The key question in the form is:
D6. Have you ever worked in the United Kingdom without immigration permission to do so
(that is, contrary to your conditions of stay)?
If he can answer No, then it is up to UKVI to ask for information if they need any and for your friend to justify it in any way that he can.
I suggest he takes advice from a professional immigration adviser.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi MARCNATH
Thanks i will ask him to do so
thanks

Star101

Post by Star101 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 am

Hi Zimba
what about if someone's wife in this country june 2011 , and the main applicant currently on Tier Entrepreneur but completing 10years in septmeber going to window for ILR in september , does her wife able to apply ILR with him.
initially PSW dependent then tier entrepreneur dependent
advice highly appreciated
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Star101 wrote:Hi Zimba
what about if someone's wife in this country june 2011 , and the main applicant currently on Tier Entrepreneur but completing 10years in septmeber going to window for ILR in september , does her wife able to apply ILR with him.
initially PSW dependent then tier entrepreneur dependent
advice highly appreciated
thanks
No, she doesn't qualify for ILR. Your wife must switch to FLR(M) if ypu apply for ILR based on long residence. Long residence ILR does not permit dependents to apply for ILR with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.