ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 am

Does the word gap means out of visa? If so, then its 10 days.
Hi Dam
I think it is 28 days now rather than 10 days. See the post please http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

nanmoom

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 am

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="nanmoom"]Q1. Its been 5 years including the IGS therefore could i apply under WP route for settlement. I am concerned with the waiting time for the 10 year rule which might take me to 8 months wait i am guessing. The possible pressure from employer in relation to a fixed term contract as a social worker.

Q2. If i meet the requirements could i include my husband as a dependant.

[b]IGS/PSW doesn't count towards settlement qualifying period. So, I am sorry but its a NO. However, I see that you qualify for ILR through your WP in December this year. You can include your dependents via this route. If you opt to go through 10 LR then you will have to apply for a FLR(M) for your dependents.
[/b]
Damanisshallo,

Many thanks for your response, i suspect this..... FLR(M) would mean my husband will fall under the 5 year rule having been in the country for since March 2011 and now married for 2 years and 9 months. Waiting till Dec 13 is a bit tricky. Some employers can be funny and since i am on a fixed term contract it could impact on my work as a social worker. When can my husband apply for his ILR please? Any idea.

sach10

Post by sach10 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 am

Hi Damanisshallo

Please kindly help me on my below queries please.
sach10 wrote:Hi Damanisshallo

Sorry before I was not mention clearly its my mistake, please apologise please kindly tell me about below

If I want to try my luck to apply for SET for my wife and son when can I book PE0 appointment as their Tier1 Gen. Dependent visa valid dates 29.06.2011 to 28.06.2013 so their 2years Tier1 Gen dependent visa completes on 28.06.2013, so what will be the earliest date when can I book PEO appointment.

Sorry to bother you on this again please tell me do I to switch them with in 28days from the date of my ILR issue date as my ILR date issued on 29.03.2013.

once again sorry to bother your, please kindly help me

Thank You in advance
sach10 wrote:Hi damanisshallo

Thank you for reply could you please kindly help me on this

In that case could you please tell me when can I book PEO appointment for my wife & son. Their tier1 gen dep. visa expir on 29/06/2013 and one more thing is there any thing rule that I have to switch my wife and son visa with in 28days of time as my ILR issue date is on 27/03/2013

Please kindly suggest me on this

Damanisshallo wrote:
sach10 wrote:Hi Damanishallo

Is any possbility for me to apply for my wife and son in 1 or 2 weeks as I am very eager to go to india ad I am not been to my country from past 5years and even it is safe for me instead of waiting until june

Please tell me what do you suggest
In that case I don't see any other option but FLR(M). Get this done at a PEO and once you come back from India, you can apply for SET(M) in June this year. As they wouldn't qualify for SET(M) within 1 or 2 weeks under the new 6th April rules because they were under PSW dependant visa prior to June 2011.

-HTH

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 am

jaberdene wrote:
Does the word gap means out of visa? If so, then its 10 days.
Hi Dam
I think it is 28 days now rather than 10 days. See the post please http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
My mistake...amended the original post accordingly. Thank you.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 am

sach10 wrote:Sorry before I was not mention clearly its my mistake, please apologise please kindly tell me about below

If I want to try my luck to apply for SET for my wife and son when can I book PE0 appointment as their Tier1 Gen. Dependent visa valid dates 29.06.2011 to 28.06.2013 so their 2years Tier1 Gen dependent visa completes on 28.06.2013, so what will be the earliest date when can I book PEO appointment.

AFAIK, the earliest you can try is 28 days before 28/06/13 which would be 01/06/13.

Sorry to bother you on this again please tell me do I to switch them with in 28days from the date of my ILR issue date as my ILR date issued on 29.03.2013.

There is no such rule. At least I am not aware of. That would be a news to me, if such a rule exists.

once again sorry to bother your, please kindly help me
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:50 am

nanmoom wrote:i suspect this..... FLR(M) would mean my husband will fall under the 5 year rule having been in the country for since March 2011 and now married for 2 years and 9 months.

No, they'd still be considered under old rules. Why do you think so?

When can my husband apply for his ILR please? Any idea.

He can be added as a dependent on your SET(O) if you decide to proceed with your WP in Dec 2013. However, if you wish to make your SET(LR) application then he will have to wait until you get your decision and then apply for his ILR.
Skydrives, Templates

cheekyvirgin

Urgently help needed

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for your all help.

I have got my ILR today with my documents and BRP but they forget to send me all passport back.

please advice what to do now ?

Cheers
Last edited by cheekyvirgin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Re: Urgently help needed

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:54 am

cheekyvirgin wrote:Thanks for your all help.

I have got my ILR today with my documents and BRP but they forget to send me all passport back.

Cheers
This is a great news. You have been waiting so long. Can you just call the number on the letter?

cheekyvirgin

Re: Urgently help needed

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 am

essentialSalt wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Thanks for your all help.

Cheers
This is a great news. You have been waiting so long. Can you just call the number on the letter?
There is no number on the letter but i rang 08706067766 and she said i have to send online documents back request....

please advice if that is the right way

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

ILR LONG RESIDENCE

Post by BRITISH1020 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am

Hi everyone
I am a silent follower of this great forum, would like to add my details and anyone please add me to sky drive

Application Date : 05-07-2012
Acknowledgement : 17-07-2012
Biometrics Submitted: 28-09-2012
ILR APPROVAL : Still Waiting
BRP Received : Still Waiting

Thanks

adkh2_1

Re: got a call from the HO

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

Hi,

Congrarts on getting your ILR!!!!!!

did you expedite your case or something, since you got phone call from UKBA ?

nanmoom wrote:
Jjay2 wrote:Ive been a silent visitor to this forum but found some great tips here.

Application type: ILR Set O 10 year residence route
Applied: 25/09/12
Biometric: 27/11/12

Got a call from UKBA yesterday that my application was approved. Should hopefully receive passport and BRP in the course of next week
Hi Jjay2 , congrats u actually got a call from the HO...... wow.
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:47 am

z18runway wrote:
saanju9 wrote:Friday brought happiness to most people

AND IT BLOODY BROUGHT FOR ME TOOOOOOO

Docs arrived with approval letter

Please someone update my details on SKydrive

still waiting for BRP though and had to post it for my wife's Flr(m) as soon as it comes

Thanks everyone for keeping me awake (sarcasm) all these 8 months.

I think I lost the gel / adrenaline /or whatever to celebrate..just can't be bothered...still found a bottle of whiskey thou :wink: :wink: :wink:.... ... But Mrs is excited and shez up for a celebration tonight...

enjoy the wait folks...I will still visit this thread and FLR(m) thread until my wife's app is approved

regards
i heard from another member that you don't need to send brp again, as dependent application is linked to main applicant, and they will get their visa decided once their main applicant gets the decision.
here is the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 525#823525

thanks mate...that's a huge relief...

believe me.. we learn something new everyday with this UKBA

anyways a spl thanks to you for taking a bit of time and posting a reply

regards

nanmoom

Re: Skip FLR(M) & 10 years long residence

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 am

[quote="Damanisshallo( Thanks )

No, they'd still be considered under old rules. Why do you think so?
( I rang the HO today spoke to a RAY and they told me that he would have to wait for 5 years to get his ILR. Conflicting information but i was of the view that the old rule applies). They try to discourage people i guess . First thing at 9.00am

When can my husband apply for his ILR please? Any idea.

He can be added as a dependent on your SET(O) if you decide to proceed with your WP in Dec 2013. However, if you wish to make your SET(LR) application then he will have to wait until you get your decision and then apply for his ILR.

( This means he can apply for ILR straight away after i get my ILR....? What form do i use. I would like to get it ready now...lol just to be organised)

After almost 14 years in the UK i cant wait for all this to be over. Its a longstory . I was a victim of a lawyer not being active on my case entering as a visitor and switching as a student granted after 3 years on 30.4.2003. I am in receipt of my HO file and checks are done each time an application is made, so i am shocked at the waiting time...

Any way i guess i will have to put my application for 10 years through now... i have spoken to my HR personel and dont want any stress come december 13 when my passport is at the HO and my contract coming to an end. My contract will change once i am in receipt of my ILR.

I guess the wise thing is to have ILR and fight for my husbands later.

Congrats to all who have received ILR today and the last week.
Last edited by nanmoom on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

essentialSalt

Re: ILR LONG RESIDENCE

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

BRITISH1020 wrote:Hi everyone
I am a silent follower of this great forum, would like to add my details and anyone please add me to sky drive

Thanks
What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?

nanmoom

lets all watch this tonight 8pm channel 4

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?
! Link to video

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... undercover.

Regards

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

Post by BRITISH1020 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 pm

essentialSalt wrote:

Thanks
What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....

DB12

Post by DB12 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi All

it is big RRRREEEELLLLLIIIIEEEEFFFFF just received approval of my application. my timeleine is as below.

date of application - 8th aug
acknowledgement - 14th Aug
biometric letter - 8th november
Biometrics given - 9th November
Passport & Docs received - 15.04.13 (dated 12.04.13)
Bio Card - Awaiting.

unfortunately i had to post my wife's FLR-M application last week. now i will need to send my passport & bio-metric card back to HO can someone let me know what is procedure.........

i will also need to apply for my sons MN1 form.

Question - as i will need to submit my sons MN1 form and they are asking for marriage certificate. can any one please let me know what should i do as my marriage ceritifcate sent along with my wifes FLR-m application?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:03 pm

DB12 wrote:Hi All

it is big RRRREEEELLLLLIIIIEEEEFFFFF just received approval of my application. my timeleine is as below.

Bio Card - Awaiting.

unfortunately i had to post my wife's FLR-M application last week. now i will need to send my passport & bio-metric card back to HO can someone let me know what is procedure.........

When you get your wife's bio-metric invitation ring them and ask them to provide the address to post your BRP/Passport if at all they need it.

Question - as i will need to submit my sons MN1 form and they are asking for marriage certificate. can any one please let me know what should i do as my marriage ceritifcate sent along with my wifes FLR-m application?

You can make a ROD request. Make sure you clearly mention on the ROD Form, that you are only requesting your documents and Not withdrawing your partner's application.
Skydrives, Templates

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

[quote="BRITISH1020"][quote="essentialSalt"][quote="BRITISH1020"]Hi everyone

Thanks[/quote]

What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....[/quote]

It is my undersanding that you can apply for naturalisation after 15 months when you documents are at the HO for a significant period of time. It might be to your benefit. Hung on... it will be in your favour. 10 months has compensated for the 5 months period if i was sitting on the case..... It will happen soon. I empathise.

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

Post by BRITISH1020 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm

nanmoom wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:

Thanks
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....

It is my undersanding that you can apply for naturalisation after 15 months when you documents are at the HO for a significant period of time. It might be to your benefit. Hung on... it will be in your favour. 10 months has compensated for the 5 months period if i was sitting on the case..... It will happen soon. I empathise.
---------------------

Hope so.... Thanks lots for ur encouraging MSG....god bless us all....

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Graceofgod wrote:could someone please write about the changes made by HO in regards to the FLR(M) application for spouse of settled person on the basis of 10 years long residence. I can't see anything on HO website. I really appreciate your efforts.
Laxman
Read SOC from page numbered (Scroll to the bottom of the page for numbered pages) 12 on wards.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Re: lets all watch this tonight 8pm channel 4

Post by z18runway » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

nanmoom wrote:Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?
! Link to video

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... undercover.

Regards
Page not found

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 pm

saanju9 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
saanju9 wrote:Friday brought happiness to most people

AND IT BLOODY BROUGHT FOR ME TOOOOOOO

Docs arrived with approval letter

Please someone update my details on SKydrive

still waiting for BRP though and had to post it for my wife's Flr(m) as soon as it comes

Thanks everyone for keeping me awake (sarcasm) all these 8 months.

I think I lost the gel / adrenaline /or whatever to celebrate..just can't be bothered...still found a bottle of whiskey thou :wink: :wink: :wink:.... ... But Mrs is excited and shez up for a celebration tonight...

enjoy the wait folks...I will still visit this thread and FLR(m) thread until my wife's app is approved

regards
i heard from another member that you don't need to send brp again, as dependent application is linked to main applicant, and they will get their visa decided once their main applicant gets the decision.
here is the link

thanks mate...that's a huge relief...

believe me.. we learn something new everyday with this UKBA

anyways a spl thanks to you for taking a bit of time and posting a reply

regards
You are welcome, but still write to them about your ILR with your REF.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm

DB12 wrote:Hi All

Bio Card - Awaiting.

here is the link

nanmoom

Re: lets all watch this tonight 8pm channel 4

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 pm

[quote="z18runway"][quote="nanmoom"]Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?

The programme is said to be showing tonight.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... icles/home.

20:00 Immigration Undercover:.. ...Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates whether Britain's immigration system is fit for purpose, with reports that tens of thousands of files sit uncleared in the system.