ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nanmoom

Re: .Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:07 pm

[quote="essentialSalt"]

I was fascinated by a comment made by one lady in the tape in response to the undercover reporter finding a case that dated back to 1998, "it's not our department, is it?"[/quote]

A department that is devided.... i work in a government department and we are meant to WORK IN PARTNERSHIP ..... DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS DOES NOT MEAN SINGLE AGENCY..... I await the response now that we have an under cover video .. I hope peoples application will be expedited now that we know that files are just sitting collecting dust and 80 crates going missing.

HO misplaced two of my passports in 2001 ..... what a shame and they have the audacity to request for original documents!!!!

Lapis
Newly Registered

UKBA Incompetence

Post by Lapis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I am a silent reader in this forum, I must say this is a helpful site, thank you all.

After watching Channel 4 documentary tonight, I feels we should get together to fight this atrocity not to be repeated again. UKBA should pay for all the lost earning at least return £991 paid to process the application. They failed to meet their target and tried to cover it up, not only this, they employed unqualified case workers to decides future of people. What a shamble.

nanmoom

UNDER COVER INFORMATION

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 pm

[quote="specy_99"]I have now submitted my claim to the Parliamentary Ombudsman! Don't know how long they will take. I followed the correct route of complaining to the UKBA first and after 20 days my MP sent them a letter. No response was made to him either! I was left for no choice. I am going to use the emails as well. This is getting out of hand.

If no response is made by the Ombudsman then I would have to resort to protest peacefully outside Liverpool office.[/quote]

Hope u watched the programme tonight on channel 4 at 8pm today ...... You now know how UKBA works. Your file might just be lying somewhere so make reference . I do not know about peaceful protest outside the HO all alone.... they might have u arrested.

RK001002
Newly Registered

Channel 4dispatchers

Post by RK001002 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 pm

After watching this documentary from channel 4, I really regret submitting my application under 10 years when i could have done one day service under 5 years tier1 route if i waited for 10 months... Over 7 months already gone and no news. :evil:
Last edited by RK001002 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nanmoom

immigration under cover work ( channel 4 today at 8pm

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 pm

[quote="specy_99"]I applied in August too! Peaceful protest is legal in the UK. Sanju...dont think they will like the idea of us having a drunken protest lol I think I am going to wait for few more weeks till my patience completely goes! I will inform my MP before I plan to go ahead with the protest even on my own!

[code]newbie.scott wrote:
Its may be a good Idea to SHAME them rather than protesting against them by sending sweets, flowers, get well soon cards Smile

Poor individual caseworkers what else they can do? if the govt cant allocate resources such as increasing the number of case workers, better systems, etc..

saanju9 wrote:
Hello guys, been on a holiday for a week and I had to read about 20 pages to update myself on this thread (still need to go through another thread, although there are not as many posts as this one).

BTW still no news

smshad wrote:
Hi,

I agree with your thoughts, becuse MP's Home Affairs Committee has recently published and criticised UKBA for not meeting any targets, so UKBA started to process latest applications to improve their stats.

I am thinking to write anonymous letter to MP's Home Affairs Committee requesting them to urgently investigate this matter otherwise remaning June/July/August/Sept applicants' wait will become longer and longer.

how many of us agree to write to this committee?

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744
e -mail homeaffcom@parliament.uk

newbie.scott wrote:

I think It might be possible that UKBA decided to work on the new applications (made after 1st January), rather then keep working on ever ending backlogs, so that they can claim to have reduced processing times now to 3 months? Of course as well as working on backlogs aside, may be not with much priority..Just a thought

Do agree... I will put my name on that...I got nothing to lose

specy_99 wrote:

I am seriously thinking of going to Liverpool and protest anyone else want to do this?

Its pretty cold out there...I would advice everyone to take a good jacket and a bottle of whisky, just in case the protest gets going too long (I am still finding wit in my distress)

Anyways, do let me know if you guys are REALLY up for it.. I will book another week off at work (just for the sake of annoying my manager) and will join you

Regards Saanju

Contacted MP twice , got general standard reply from UKBA, in Q, sent ukba complain email but no reply received yet. it's been over 7 month and 10 days since applied. Don't know what to do. Seems like July/Aug application has been dumped in the backlog. Where set m, FLR m etc getting theirs reply with in 2-3 months. I wish we could raised our concern with any media Chanel but again thinking that UKBA has too many genuine excuses to avoide any medium of pressure from any one.
So just praying May Allah give us patience in this difficult time. Amin.!

[color=red]They have no excuses this time now that they have been exposed today . the way they operate, loosing files and all the rest The next is what we do with the information we have got now.[/color][/color]

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I know writing to politicians won't help but after watching tonight's programme, I sure am glad I've done it :) . Just sayin'.
essentialSalt wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:
dupuytren wrote:Hi all
Like Idiot spammer, I have written a letter of complaint to Bob Whiteman, Teresa May and the Immigration Minister in response to my application being left in the storage facility for the past 7 months.

The only reply I got was from the assistant PA who is clearly just fielding out all the emails, and got this unhelpful reply:

Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman; I am replying on his behalf. I have looked through your details on our case information database and can see that you have already made a request to our caseworkers for your application to be expedited; this request is being considered and you will hear from our caseworking team directly.

My comments:
1. My request is being 'considered'?? How much longer is that going to take? There is no specific time line
2. They didnt answer anything else I complained about in the email such as why was my application left in storage this whole time

This useless assistant PA CC-ed this back to everyone else ie Teresa May et al. Should I reply back or just wait and hope my stuff comes back by the end of the week???

dupuytren wrote:Hi all

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)
Dear Dupuytren,

I understand your frustration but UKBA has a set internal guidance to expedite any application pending at their office for a considerable amount of time, as things are not much improving on their side to atleast follow their own published time of 6 months to process an application.

As you have received a reply from RW's PA, 'being considered' means whether your application falls in a category to expedite or not.

Applications are only expedited if they fall in the check list of UKBA's set internal guidance. The more you write to them, the more you annoy the case worker. If somehow your application doesn't fall in expedite category it may fall behind in the qeue (unfortunately).

When its time for your application to be dealt with, you'll have the decision in no time, but until that time you have to have patience, sit tight and keep hope.

Best of luck.
I'd add to this a few things.

The UKBA or the home office, whatever they want to call themselves, is an organisation to implement policies. They don't make policies. Politicians make policies and work with lawyers to draw up immigration guidelines.

The home office just follows those guidelines. Their work is purely about processing and improving efficiency (as the most difficult part of the job - policy setting - is done by much smarter people). The delay is solely attributable to the home office and writing to the politicians won't help.

It seems to me that civil servants themselves often have a misguided idea about what they do and what their job is about. They don't have to be willing to give something back to society. That's the job of politicians. Hopefully, we can get a rough idea about how they actually work in the tonight's dispatches.

Their performance (measured by the speed at which all applications are dealt with) at the moment is bad and has been this way for some time.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
rgurung wrote:Hi all,
can someone on the know elaborate on the 2/5 years qualification period for an ILR dependent, where:
1. The dependent of the current ILR resident came to the UK in Dec 2009 as the dependent ofa Tier 4 Student.
2. She got her visa extended as a PSW dependent for another 2 years.
3. She now has her visa extended on FLR (M) application, with her sponsor granted ILR.

Can she apply for ILR now or in 2 years or in 5 years time? Accurate answer is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
@rgurung,

She can apply ILR straight away as she has completed the residency requirement under old rule i.e: 2 years.
Paragraph 319AA of the Immigration Rules confirms what a “Relevant points based system migrant” is i.e. a migrant granted leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. Therefore, leave as the partner of a person granted leave in one of these categories is appropriate for the indefinite leave requirements in paragraph 287(a).
Sorry to interrupt, but I think you will have to wait for 2 yrs on FLR (M) before you can apply for ILR as per the recent changes.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

angel62

Post by angel62 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:
rgurung wrote:Hi all,
can someone on the know elaborate on the 2/5 years qualification period for an ILR dependent, where:
1. The dependent of the current ILR resident came to the UK in Dec 2009 as the dependent ofa Tier 4 Student.
2. She got her visa extended as a PSW dependent for another 2 years.
3. She now has her visa extended on FLR (M) application, with her sponsor granted ILR.

Can she apply for ILR now or in 2 years or in 5 years time? Accurate answer is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
@rgurung,

She can apply ILR straight away as she has completed the residency requirement under old rule i.e: 2 years.
Paragraph 319AA of the Immigration Rules confirms what a “Relevant points based system migrant” is i.e. a migrant granted leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. Therefore, leave as the partner of a person granted leave in one of these categories is appropriate for the indefinite leave requirements in paragraph 287(a).
Sorry to interrupt, but I think you will have to wait for 2 yrs on FLR (M) before you can apply for ILR as per the recent changes.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Dear all,
Whether Tier 2 dependents also affected or not .Not sure whether tier 2 dependents is a settlement route as for Tier 2 settlements £35000 income is required if not then 12 months cooling off period?
If tier-2 main migrant got ILR under 10 year Long residency and his income is £ 20,000 then whether his Tier -2 dependent is on settlement route or not?

angel62

Post by angel62 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Dear all,
Whether Tier 2 dependents also affected or not .Not sure whether tier 2 dependents is a settlement route as for Tier 2 settlements £35000 income is required if not then 12 months cooling off period?
If tier-2 main migrant got ILR under 10 year Long residency and his income is £ 20,000 then whether his Tier -2 dependent is on settlement route or not?
Thanks

nanmoom

Re: Skip FLR(M) or what document

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"
However, if you wish to make your SET(LR) application then he will have to wait until you get your decision and then apply for his ILR..

Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you confirm which form to use for my husbands ILR please.

I want to get familiar with it. Thanks
[/i]

essentialSalt

Re: UKBA Incompetence

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Lapis wrote:I am a silent reader in this forum, I must say this is a helpful site, thank you all.

After watching Channel 4 documentary tonight, I feels we should get together to fight this atrocity not to be repeated again. UKBA should pay for all the lost earning at least return £991 paid to process the application. They failed to meet their target and tried to cover it up, not only this, they employed unqualified case workers to decides future of people. What a shamble.
I don't think that's a problem as long as they can follow the guidelines. Experienced case workers seem not really needed for most cases (and waste of money keeping those experienced workers). If you read comments on Channel 4's website, some seem to argue that the growing backlog can be explained by the reduced number of employees (compulsory redundancies). I think the point of the documentary was that there might be something fundamentally wrong with their work ethnics (employee moral) and the way their offices are run (operational problems).

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:48 pm

angel62 wrote:Dear all,
Thanks
It's simple if you qualify for settlement after the end of your visa then your dependent is on settlement route.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skip FLR(M) or what document

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 pm

nanmoom wrote:Could you confirm which form to use for my husbands ILR please.
I want to get familiar with it.
SET(M) for ILR
Skydrives, Templates

nanmoom

Re: Thoughts after watching BBC4 yesterday

Post by nanmoom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 am

"Damanisshallo",

Many thanks am grateful.

Deal All,

Does anyone know what the procedure is in the event that one does not receive a response before the dependants visa expires?

What will be the course of action the dependant has to take? Make an application to the home office for an extention and on what form?

I am thinking of putting my application through for a 10 year rule in My but my current leave takes me to December 2013 I might not get a response then. With this is mind i am tempted to do a same day service for a WP together with my dependant but i am meeting with HR to discuss how i will be treated when my fixed term contract ends on 22.12.13 ( social worker with children they still need me)

Could i make a same day service at 4 years 11 months? I am confused having watched the under cover programme yesterday .

Comments and views will be appreciated.

Warmest Regards, i pray that some receives a response today from the HO.

nanmoom

Re: Channel 4dispatchers

Post by nanmoom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:53 am

[quote="RK001002"]After watching this documentary from channel 4, I really regret submitting my application under 10 years when i could have done one day service under 5 years tier1 route if i waited for 10 months... Over 7 months already gone and no news. :evil:

RK001002,

Having read your comment.. i am tempted to wait until November since i am yet to submit my application. Its only 7 months away...
:?

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:24 am

nanmoom wrote:
RK001002 wrote:After watching this documentary from channel 4, I really regret submitting my application under 10 years when i could have done one day service under 5 years tier1 route if i waited for 10 months... Over 7 months already gone and no news. :evil:

RK001002,

Having read your comment.. i am tempted to wait until November since i am yet to submit my application. Its only 7 months away...
:?
If you qualify properly (not a month short or anything like that would risk being rejected on the day or being told that "we can't make the decision on your application today and will contact you shortly with the decision" - the same as the postal application), I would go for the same day service. As an applicant, I have dealt with the home office under this government, previous one and one before that (I think so - when did the labour came to power?), my impression is unless you force those civil servants to do the work, they won't.

Depends how much you trust the home office to do the right thing.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

nanmoom

Re documentary evidence

Post by nanmoom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 am

[b][u]If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.[/u]

( My husband and i do not have official correspondence together.... what will the take on this, utility bill with separate names)[/b]

DB12

Post by DB12 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 am

z18runway wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi All

it is big RRRREEEELLLLLIIIIEEEEFFFFF just received approval of my application. my timeleine is as below.

date of application - 8th aug
acknowledgement - 14th Aug
biometric letter - 8th november
Biometrics given - 9th November
Passport & Docs received - 15.04.13 (dated 12.04.13)
Bio Card - Awaiting.

unfortunately i had to post my wife's FLR-M application last week. now i will need to send my passport & bio-metric card back to HO can someone let me know what is procedure.........

i will also need to apply for my sons MN1 form.

Question - as i will need to submit my sons MN1 form and they are asking for marriage certificate. can any one please let me know what should i do as my marriage ceritifcate sent along with my wifes FLR-m application?

i heard from another member that you don't need to send brp again, as dependent application is linked to main applicant, and they will get their visa decided once their main applicant gets the decision.
here is the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 525#823525

Thnak you z18runway & Damani

ok i will then will wait for the my wife's boimetric invitation and then ask tem if they require my passport & Bio....

your help is much Appreciated....
Last edited by DB12 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Re: ILR LONG RESIDENCE

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 am

BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....
How's the life as you wait for the decision? You can't change/start a job, can you?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Its hell as waiting time's killing every moment....hope the end will be soon....
I can't start a full-time job until I have the visa. I applied a month later than you. When I show the acknowledgement letter to an employer, they say "it says 6 months. What's the problem?" I don't have an answer.

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

[quote="essentialSalt"][quote="BRITISH1020"][quote="essentialSalt"][quote="BRITISH1020"][quote="essentialSalt"][quote="BRITISH1020"]Hi everyone
I am a silent follower of this great forum, would like to add my details and anyone please add me to sky drive

Application Date : 05-07-2012
Acknowledgement : 17-07-2012
Biometrics Submitted: 28-09-2012
ILR APPROVAL : Still Waiting
BRP Received : Still Waiting

Thanks[/quote]

What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....[/quote]

How's the life as you wait for the decision? You can't change/start a job, can you?[/quote]
Its hell as waiting time's killing every moment....hope the end will be soon....[/quote]

I can't start a full-time job until I have the visa. I applied a month later than you. When I show the acknowledgement letter to an employer, they say "it says 6 months. What's the problem?" I don't have an answer.[/quote]

Essential salt,

It is my prayer that you will hear from the HO sooner rather than later... i share your frustration 10 years is a long time and some take it for granted.

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 am

[quote="essentialSalt"][quote="nanmoom"][quote="RK001002"]After watching this documentary from channel 4, I really regret submitting my application under 10 years when i could have done one day service under 5 years tier1 route if i waited for 10 months... Over 7 months already gone and no news. :evil:

RK001002,

:?[/quote]

If you qualify properly (not a month short or anything like that would risk being rejected on the day or being told that "we can't make the decision on your application today and will contact you shortly with the decision" - the same as the postal application), I would go for the same day service. As an applicant, I have dealt with the home office under this government, previous one and one before that (I think so - when did the labour came to power?), my impression is unless you force those civil servants to do the work, they won't.

Depends how much you trust the home office to do the right thing.

Hi Essentialsalt,

Its is a straight forward application no concerns with the continuous period or any breaks. I need clarity, with same day service does can it be 28 days before or must be on day . if so then that takes me to 22.12.13 which is a sunday and my passport expires 31.7 13 but i have since done a new passport and i dont intend on travelling out ???

AMH

ILR

Post by AMH » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 am

Essential Salt:

I'm in the same boat as you

It is very difficult to convince especially new employers. I'll be starting new job at the end of April, I have to submit original documents till then I hope I get some good news. Although employee checking service is there but 9 out of 10 new employers doesn't wanna go that route

After yesterday's programme, my worries are gone up especially after seeing those carats full of applications
7A8M6H

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

Post by BRITISH1020 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 am

essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....
How's the life as you wait for the decision? You can't change/start a job, can you?
Its hell as waiting time's killing every moment....hope the end will be soon....
I can't start a full-time job until I have the visa. I applied a month later than you. When I show the acknowledgement letter to an employer, they say "it says 6 months. What's the problem?" I don't have an answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know & can feel ur agony as well....praying for all fellows who still waiting.... employers don't like going through employee checking serv....

Lapis
Newly Registered

Post by Lapis » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am

essentialSalt wrote:
Lapis wrote:I am a silent reader in this forum, I must say this is a helpful site, thank you all.

I don't think that's a problem as long as they can follow the guidelines. Experienced case workers seem not really needed for most cases (and waste of money keeping those experienced workers). If you read comments on Channel 4's website, some seem to argue that the growing backlog can be explained by the reduced number of employees (compulsory redundancies). I think the point of the documentary was that there might be something fundamentally wrong with their work ethnics (employee moral) and the way their offices are run (operational problems).
No EssentialSalt, you are missing the point. The problem is, do they understand the guidelines? How many times do you think this morons will continue to shift the goal post? The effect of hiring inexperienced caseworker is enormous backlogs of cases we witness here. Different cases with its own merit, experienced caseworker would be able to apply his/her wealth of knowledge/experience to deal with the cases on time and more swiftly rather than a £6 plus staff with virtually no experience at all. Lemme ask you, would you allow inexperienced surgeon to carry out a major operation on you if you aware?

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 am

Lapis wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:

No EssentialSalt, you are missing the point. The problem is, do they understand the guidelines? How many times do you think this morons will continue to shift the goal post? The effect of hiring inexperienced caseworker is enormous backlogs of cases we witness here. Different cases with its own merit, experienced caseworker would be able to apply his/her wealth of knowledge/experience to deal with the cases on time and more swiftly rather than a £6 plus staff with virtually no experience at all. Lemme ask you, would you allow inexperienced surgeon to carry out a major operation on you if you aware?
Those are the management, not the case workers. To suggest that they can't follow the guidelines means that they can't read. But I don't want to get into an argument here.

The caseworkers are not surgeons, they are administrators. To count days using some of the date functions on Excel doesn't need a medical degree. I am not saying that what they do is worthless. I am simply saying that caseworkers for the long residence simply count days.

Let's agree to disagree here.