ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeni_iqb
Newly Registered

finely got my ilr today

Post by zeni_iqb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 pm

hello every one

finely after 8 months of wait got my ilr approvel letter today cant explain how happy i am today over the moon
my time line is

application sent: 21 aug 2012
bio done: 19 nov 2012
ilr approved: 17th april 2013

still waiting for my brp card hopefully get it next week and all thoese waiting have faith u will get yours soon... good luck to every one

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi every With the Grace of Almighty God my ILR is approved :D A BIG MASSIVE RELIEF i was early August applicant it took more than 8 months once myself and once my Mp wrote the letter. any way i wish success for all of you from the depth of my heart i always use to pray for every one in my prayers.

guys can anyone advise is it possible to apply for Naturalization within 15 months of date of application of ILR . i Mean for example a person apply for ILR on August 2012 and get it approved on April 2013 after 8 months of process ( where delays has happened due to no fault of him but the UKBA )

Can he apply for naturalization on November 2013

OR

he can only apply after April 2014 ( after one years of ILR approval).

If yes please give the reference or link as i talked to solicitor he says there is no capacity on concession in rules within 15 months of application date only possible after one year of Granted ILR

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:16 pm

shazib1786 wrote:If yes please give the reference or link as i talked to solicitor he says there is no capacity on concession in rules within 15 months of application date only possible after one year of Granted ILR
Paragraph 7.5g @ page 16 wrote: consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for asylum which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note that any asylum cases granted on or after the 30 August 2005 will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited leave) ; or
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

DB12

Re: SET - O (10 years) - FLR-m

Post by DB12 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi rensal. No I haven't return my passport, as I need to apply for my sons citizen registration. But couple of senior member on this forum suggested me that I don't need to send it as they would already aware of due to my wife's file is linked to my application.as now my wife has submitted biometric and her file will be allocated to a caseworker I will probably phone them to confirm if they still require my original passport and bio card
Rensal wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi All,
I received my biometric card & Passport etc on 15th April following 8 & half months of wait unfortunately my luck was a week behind as I had to post my wife's application (FLR-M) on 5th April. just to share with you here is my wife's application time line.

Application posted - 5th April 13
Acknowledgement - 15th April 13
Biometric letter - 19th April 13 (dated 16th April)
Biometrics submitted - 20th April 13
passport & DOCs received - Awaiting
Biometric CARD - Awaiting.

interesting fact is it took only two weeks for biometrics request where as in my case It took more that 3months.

hi there,

did you send your originals back to UKBA for your wife's application?

thanks

R

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 pm

DB12 wrote:Hi rensal. No I haven't return my passport, as I need to apply for my sons citizen registration. But couple of senior member on this forum suggested me that I don't need to send it as they would already aware of due to my wife's file is linked to my application.
The reason it was told that many members do send spouse flr(m) application along with set(o) because their spouse visa may be expiring along with their main applicant including me. so there is no chance of sending sponsors passport for flr(m) and giving reason that it is with UKBA and awaiting decision and later flr(m) visa will be awarded after the main applicant case considered.

but in your case i don't know that you have already received your passport and brp.

But anyway nothing wrong, just keep an eye on the post , best of luck. Please do call them or write to them whether they need your documents ?

digitalrev

Re: Fast tracking existing/new ILR Applications

Post by digitalrev » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 am

Same question here. I would rather pay 2K extra fee than wait for 6 months.

why HO do not allow same day service for ILR 10 years route?
Damanisshallo wrote:
adkh2_1 wrote:a friend of mine said to me last night that there is a service where you can fast track your new/existing ILR applications... please see the link below

http://www.iasservices.org.uk/switch-premium/
I wonder if this is possible for 10 Yr LR Route?

adkh2_1

Things looking good finally

Post by adkh2_1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Guys,

Looking at last week's approvals UKBA are finally getting work done... since a lot of Aug's applicants got their iLRs last week.... i wonder when they will start processing sep ones....

patience is virtue ....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

AMH

Re: Fast tracking existing/new ILR Applications

Post by AMH » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:25 am

This was stopped in Dec2009
Please see ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
digitalrev wrote:Same question here. I would rather pay 2K extra fee than wait for 6 months.

why HO do not allow same day service for ILR 10 years route?
Damanisshallo wrote:
adkh2_1 wrote:a friend of mine said to me last night that there is a service where you can fast track your new/existing ILR applications... please see the link below

http://www.iasservices.org.uk/switch-premium/
I wonder if this is possible for 10 Yr LR Route?
7A8M6H

Hyper-PK

Wife FLR

Post by Hyper-PK » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Damanisshallo Saanju9 or any member of this forum. Please I need little bit clarification about my wife FLR application. As I had recieved my ILR last week on 10 year base and now I am planing to apply spouse visa for my wife. As i am full time PhD student and work only less than 20 hours so my over all income is under £6000 /year. But my wife works full time and her anual income is just over £15000. so my question is that could we show joint £15000+£6000 =£21000( to meet the £18600 rule) or main applicant has to show ( in this case me, and my total earning is only under £6000/year) his earning £18600 ( in this case I was on student visa and worked only part time) Or my dependent can show earning+saving to meet the total £18600

Please could any one coments on this
Many thanks in advance

AMH

Re: Wife FLR

Post by AMH » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 am

Joint income of £18,600.00 is acceptable regardless of main applicant's individual income
Hyper-PK wrote:Hi Damanisshallo Saanju9 or any member of this forum. Please I need little bit clarification about my wife FLR application. As I had recieved my ILR last week on 10 year base and now I am planing to apply spouse visa for my wife. As i am full time PhD student and work only less than 20 hours so my over all income is under £6000 /year. But my wife works full time and her anual income is just over £15000. so my question is that could we show joint £15000+£6000 =£21000( to meet the £18600 rule) or main applicant has to show ( in this case me, and my total earning is only under £6000/year) his earning £18600 ( in this case I was on student visa and worked only part time) Or my dependent can show earning+saving to meet the total £18600

Many thanks in advance
7A8M6H

DB12

Post by DB12 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 am

z18runway wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi rensal. No I haven't return my passport, as I need to apply for my sons citizen registration. But couple of senior member on this forum suggested me that I don't need to send it as they would already aware of due to my wife's file is linked to my application.
The reason it was told that many members do send spouse flr(m) application along with set(o) because their spouse visa may be expiring along with their main applicant including me. so there is no chance of sending sponsors passport for flr(m) and giving reason that it is with UKBA and awaiting decision and later flr(m) visa will be awarded after the main applicant case considered.

but in your case i don't know that you have already received your passport and brp.

But anyway nothing wrong, just keep an eye on the post , best of luck. Please do call them or write to them whether they need your documents ?
Hi Z18,

as yes I have received my Passport & BRP card last week along with approval letter.

should I wait for them to contact me or just call them and ask whether I need to send my passport & brp back to them. if I will need to send them then it will create problem for my son's MN1 application.

any suggestion from your side. if I hear further then I will let you know.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am

AMH wrote:Joint income of £18,600.00 is acceptable regardless of main applicant's individual income
Hyper-PK wrote:Hi Damanisshallo Saanju9 or any member of this forum. Please I need little bit clarification about my wife FLR application. As I had recieved my ILR last week on 10 year base and now I am planing to apply spouse visa for my wife. As i am full time PhD student and work only less than 20 hours so my over all income is under £6000 /year. But my wife works full time and her anual income is just over £15000. so my question is that could we show joint £15000+£6000 =£21000( to meet the £18600 rule) or main applicant has to show ( in this case me, and my total earning is only under £6000/year) his earning £18600 ( in this case I was on student visa and worked only part time) Or my dependent can show earning+saving to meet the total £18600

Many thanks in advance
Thanks, Hi last question to confirm before my wife's flrm peo appointment next week:
My wife will be subject to old rule in terms of no £18600 threshold requirement (because she has been T4 student dependent since 2005)
But will have to spend a fresh 2-year probation period i.e. all her previous years on T4 dependent do not count towards set(m) anymore because she is T4 student dependent which is on non-settlement route according to new rule published on 6th April?

k_alibaba

help or guidance for MN1 form for my UK born son

Post by k_alibaba » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:39 pm

hope everyone is doing fine
I got my ILR on 19/4/2013 after more than 7 months of waiting and now wanted to apply for my son's MN1 form
could you please confirm what documents I should send with MN1 form please
1. MN1 form
2. Fee excluding the ceremony fee cos he is under 18 ( he is 5 yrs old)
3. His birth certificate
4. My Brp and ILR approval letter
tricky part now..
5. his pakistani passport is expired, do i need to send that?
6. our marriage certificate..

i would be grateful if you can help me in this regards,

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 pm

just call them and ask whether you need to send my passport & brp back to them.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Hyper-PK wrote: Hi last question to confirm before my wife's flrm peo appointment next week:
My wife will be subject to old rule in terms of no £18600 threshold requirement (because she has been T4 student dependent since 2005)
But will have to spend a fresh 2-year probation period i.e. all her previous years on T4 dependent do not count towards set(m) anymore because she is T4 student dependent which is on non-settlement route according to new rule published on 6th April?
Yes, you are right in saying so. Also take these references along with you just in case you might need to educate your caseworker if they aren't expertise in this area.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: help or guidance for MN1 form for my UK born son

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

k_alibaba wrote:hope everyone is doing fine
I got my ILR on 19/4/2013 after more than 7 months of waiting and now wanted to apply for my son's MN1 form
could you please confirm what documents I should send with MN1 form please
1. MN1 form
2. Fee excluding the ceremony fee cos he is under 18 ( he is 5 yrs old)
3. His birth certificate
4. My Brp and ILR approval letter
tricky part now..
5. his pakistani passport is expired, do i need to send that?
6. our marriage certificate..

i would be grateful if you can help me in this regards,
As per the below, I can see that, passport is more important for the children born abroad. However, it'd be better to submit his passport as well, irrespective of the validity.
Documents required for MN1 wrote:Evidence of the child's identity
You should provide:

the child's birth certificate; or
the child's travel document; or
the child's driving licence; or
bank, building society or credit card statements issued to the child in the last six months.
Skydrives, Templates

adkh2_1

General info question

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Guys,

sorry a bit off topic question... i am currently waiting for my ILR ( on 10 years basis) one of the sep applicants... if i get my ILR, i will be looking to IT
tech business ( Electronic and Software development) ... now the funding for this will be provided by my Dad who is currently living abroad...

question is can my dad apply for Entrepreneur Visa ? and if yes does anyone knows the requirements for that ?

Thanks again for help!!!!!!!!!!!

Izno

august applicant

Post by Izno » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello friends,

I am August applicant ( 09th ) , call ukba today , my case.." not yet completed."

I have noticed on skydrive most August applicants are nearly completed which is a great at least there are working on those cases !!

Any August one , who has not received any response so far ?

Regards.
izno

gmx

Re: august applicant

Post by gmx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 pm

That's the standard reply from their written script.

This is the stats as of last month: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 026931.pdf

Izno wrote:Hello friends,

I am August applicant ( 09th ) , call ukba today , my case.." not yet completed."

I have noticed on skydrive most August applicants are nearly completed which is a great at least there are working on those cases !!

Regards.
izno

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

does it matter how many times you call UKBA to findout about your applications outcome?... i am one of the sep applicant...

i called UKBA 3 times already in last few weeks ..

Regards.
izno

AMH

Post by AMH » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 pm

It doesn't matter how many number of times you called
I'm a sept applicant and I'm calling atleast 3times a week as 6months exceed
adkh2_1 wrote:does it matter how many times you call UKBA to findout about your applications outcome?... i am one of the sep applicant...

Regards.
izno
7A8M6H

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm

gmx wrote:That's the standard reply from their written script.

This is the stats as of last month: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 026931.pdf

Regards.
izno
Thanks for the document request. Only 50% of applications are processed within 6 months. Of the July applications, still 1800 are outstanding which is more than half the applications submitted in July 2012 because roughly 2500 applications are received (were) received every month. These statistics are just so interesting.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Regards.
izno
I am in the same situation. No point in speculating. Let's just hope that the home office and the post office have not lost our passports. They still have 1800 to clear from July. 50% of 3,000 (average applications in a month) is 1,500. 50% of 1400 is 700.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks for confirming dude..
i suppose my next question is what if UKBA tells you on the phone your application is not complete... and few hrs later you receive your ILR... I remember i saw that on this forum once....

AMH wrote:It doesn't matter how many number of times you called
adkh2_1 wrote:does it matter how many times you call UKBA to findout about your applications outcome?... i am one of the sep applicant...

Regards.
izno

Izno

Post by Izno » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks for reply guys.. it is such a long wait...everything has stopped for me..
adkh2_1 wrote:Thanks for confirming dude..
i suppose my next question is what if UKBA tells you on the phone your application is not complete... and few hrs later you receive your ILR... I remember i saw that on this forum once....

AMH wrote:It doesn't matter how many number of times you called

Regards.
izno