ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years residence ILR. Change of Status from Student to IGS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shola Kind
Newly Registered

10 Years residence ILR. Change of Status from Student to IGS

Post by shola Kind » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:29 am

Hi People,

I have being in the UK for 8 and half year and i want to apply Post Study Work Visa which is normally 2 year. Can someone that knows certainly please let confirm to me that this 2 year will count as part of the 10 year. i have heard from people different opinion but i just need to get advice from someone that definitely know an answer. please help. Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 am

You'll find the answers to your query here.

regards

oluwa112

Re: 10 Years residence ILR. Change of Status from Student to

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 am

shola Kind wrote:Hi People,

I have being in the UK for 8 and half year and i want to apply Post Study Work Visa which is normally 2 year. Can someone that knows certainly please let confirm to me that this 2 year will count as part of the 10 year. i have heard from people different opinion but i just need to get advice from someone that definitely know an answer. please help. Thanks

10 yrs is 10 Yrs! Forget what anybody has to say... and Just pay attention to what UKBA has to say: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I speak from experience, Mixture of Student Visa.... What UKBA is looking for is 10yrs Legally *regardless of Visa Type* without Breaks... anyways Go read the Guide and I will sleep easy! :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 am

I think in two years time the 10 and 14 year paths to ILR wil be gone as the immigration doors are slowly closed...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....