ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

aaa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yahooindia
Newly Registered

aaa

Post by yahooindia » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Last edited by yahooindia on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Did either of you actually read the declarations you were signing on the form SET(M)? If you did you will realise that both of you have committed a criminal offence, effectively certifying that you would stay together when that was not the case.

Can she report you to the Home Office? Well if she did she would be in as much danger as you in getting prosecuted.
John

yahooindia
Newly Registered

Post by yahooindia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Last edited by yahooindia on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Before the two of you signed the declaration, did you actually read it? I cannot deny that the two of you were still married at that point in time, but how does that help?

Your declaration includes :-
I declare that we are still married, that we are living together as husband and wife and intend to do so permanently
-: and that for your spouse includes exactly the same wording.

Based upon what you have posted both declarations should not have been signed, and thus I conclude that the ILR should be revoked.
John