ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AliAsghar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Accommodation problem

Post by AliAsghar » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:08 am

Hi to every one on this forum. I am on this forum to ask some help which I am not sure what to do. I want to apply indefinite leave to remain for my wife and dependent doughter. I have one bedroom flat which has two room one big living room and one bedroom it was accepted when I applied further leave to remain two years ago. Now this time around I have addition to the family I have little baby born. I know baby under one year old does not count as for purpose of overcrowding. my real query is that if I am going to apply indefinite leave to remain on 15 /09/2020. My tenancy agreement will finish on 15 /03/2021. My new born sons birthday will be on 23/02/2021. I know at time of applying I should be fine but if home office does not decide application before my son's first birthday will it cause any problem. Any reply will be much appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Accommodation problem

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 am

AliAsghar wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:08 am
Hi to every one on this forum. I am on this forum to ask some help which I am not sure what to do. I want to apply indefinite leave to remain for my wife and dependent doughter. I have one bedroom flat which has two room one big living room and one bedroom it was accepted when I applied further leave to remain two years ago. Now this time around I have addition to the family I have little baby born. I know baby under one year old does not count as for purpose of overcrowding. my real query is that if I am going to apply indefinite leave to remain on 15 /09/2020. My tenancy agreement will finish on 15 /03/2021. My new born sons birthday will be on 23/02/2021. I know at time of applying I should be fine but if home office does not decide application before my son's first birthday will it cause any problem. Any reply will be much appreciated.
Do not worry unnecessarily, there is no accommodation requirement to be met for ILR application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:05 am

Certain visa categories do require proof of accommodation.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:20 am

If adequate accommodation is required, then it should be okay.

Appendix FM Section 1.7A - Adequate maintenance and accommodation

When is overcrowding allowed?
Overcrowding is only allowed if it is:

• due to a new-born child or a child who has just turned one of the specified ages above and alternative accommodation arrangements have not yet been made
and see also Example B.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.