ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestral ILR - Trivial Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DaveDzaldn
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Ancestral ILR - Trivial Questions

Post by DaveDzaldn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:23 am

Hi All,

I know that the questions I am about to ask may seem trivial, but I was hoping to have my mind put at ease as I dont have another 3K to spare. Please can i have advise from members and their experience.

My Ancestral Visa runs out on 31 July 2019.

Travel History

There have been a couple of trips into Europe where I did not get a stamp in my passport from exiting UK, one was a Ferry crossing and the other was a Eurotunnel crossing. Do i need to submit details of flights or ferry trips with my application or do I just simply declare.

Employment History/Finances

Unfortunately, I have just recently lost my job as of the end of June, however I am now doing agency crewing/labour work full time and invoicing the agency via UTR. I have been working for the same agency for upwards of 3 years on a part time and full time basis. I have not yet self declared for the last financial year(i do not have to until January), as such I am going to submit the following:

-Notice of termination of employment
-All payslips, p45s,p60s I have.
-Initial letter from HMRC with my UTR number from 2 years ago
-A letter from the company I "contract for"
-My most recent timesheets and invoices
-1 year bank statements

On another note, when it asks on the form about "your pay each month after income tax and £1600
other deductions? (in GBP)" I had to just enter a value, however as a contractor it is variable - is this a problem?

Do you guys thing the above will be an issue?

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestral ILR - Trivial Questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 am

Travel History

There have been a couple of trips into Europe where I did not get a stamp in my passport from exiting UK, one was a Ferry crossing and the other was a Eurotunnel crossing. Do i need to submit details of flights or ferry trips with my application or do I just simply declare.
No. Just list your absence in the form where asked.
Employment History/Finances

Unfortunately, I have just recently lost my job as of the end of June, however I am now doing agency crewing/labour work full time and invoicing the agency via UTR. I have been working for the same agency for upwards of 3 years on a part time and full time basis. I have not yet self declared for the last financial year(i do not have to until January), as such I am going to submit the following:

-Notice of termination of employment
-All payslips, p45s,p60s I have.
-Initial letter from HMRC with my UTR number from 2 years ago
-A letter from the company I "contract for"
-My most recent timesheets and invoices
-1 year bank statements
Fine.
On another note, when it asks on the form about "your pay each month after income tax and £1600
other deductions? (in GBP)" I had to just enter a value, however as a contractor it is variable - is this a problem?
No issue.
Do you guys thing the above will be an issue?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DaveDzaldn
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by DaveDzaldn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you for your repose Char. I may even submit today in that case.

My bank account is overdrawn, and my payslips will be printed.

Will this be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Ho is only interested in your earnings and work record.

Payslips if printed online ones need to be stamped and signed by your employer or they need to provide a letter authenticating them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Link below contains links to successful apps for ilr.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ancestry-ilr-t274954.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

DaveDzaldn
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by DaveDzaldn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi,

I have printed all my p60s and p45s, but they are HMRC Docs. Can these validate the payslips?

The reason I ask is because I have 7 previous employers - all very unhelpful. I doubt I will get these authenticated before the deadline.

I have phoned HMRC and asked for a complete employment history, but this will take weeks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am

You only need the most recent employment payslips.

You also only need 5 years evidence for ilr based in ancestry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

DaveDzaldn
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by DaveDzaldn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Appointment is booked in Croydon for 10 July and most recent company is not playing ball.

Would a Notice of Termination of Employment letter spelling out entitlements act as attestant?