ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any suggestions to push UKVI for my pending ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rizcon

Any suggestions to push UKVI for my pending ILR

Post by Rizcon » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello,
I’d applied for my ILR after completing 6 years(2x3 years)on discretionary leave in March 2018.I done biometrics in April 2018 and after that haven’t heard anything from UKVI.
I wrote to them 6 months ago and received the copy paste reply that my application is under consideration and they can’t tell me exact date/time for the decision.
It’s more than 18 months since I applied for ILR and it’s really frustrating that neither I can travel nor I can apply for a job as every potential employer asks me to show the original papers.
Any suggestions to push home office to decide my case as soon as possible?

Kind regards

Casa

Re: Any suggestions to push UKVI for my pending ILR

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Asking your MP to request the Home Office give an update on the status on your application, often gets things moving. You've nothing to lose by trying this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rizcon

Re: Any suggestions to push UKVI for my pending ILR

Post by Rizcon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:17 pm
Asking your MP to request the Home Office give an update on the status on your application, often gets things moving. You've nothing to lose by trying this.
Thanks Casa and all other members.I received my ILR Approval letter today.I involved my local MP recently,but I got the approval before he can get involved with my case.
It took exactly 22 months for approval and in last one year, I wrote couple of times to UKVI requesting them to decide my case.Last time,I wrote to them in last week of November 2019.
Thanks once again for all the help.