ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Date for

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Employer Letter for ILR Application

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi,

Can anyone let me know what information should be captured by the employer in their letter to support my ILR application after 5 years on Tier 2 Visa please?

Salary, Job Title, SOC Code...what else?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employer Letter for ILR Application

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Application Date for

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi,

I entered the UK in 2011 on a Student Visa and in 2016 I switched to a Tier 2 work visa. Now I am about to apply for my ILR after completing 5 years on Tier 2 visa. When I was filling the application there is a question asking what date I enterred the UK for which I am basing my application on.

My question is, I didnt have to "enter" the UK (since I was already here) when I switched to the Tier 2 visa and so to this question do I state the day the Tier 2 visa was issued to me or do i still state the day i entered the UK as a student (which is not the 1st time i entered) even though I am not basing my application on this date?

I am not sure if my question is clear but I am happy to clarify further if required!

Thanks in advance!

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks for the response.

However, I am referring to the confirmation from the employer as stated in the link https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa.

What should be in this confirmation please?

I think the letter you were showing is the "continuous residence". I assumed for this my passport stamps was sufficient and nothing was required from the employer on this. Is this correct?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Your employer confirms everything in one single letter.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Okay thanks.

But what about the "your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job - they’ll need to provide a document confirming this". What should this document state?

Just literally they need me for the job? What about salary, job title etc.?

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:40 pm
Your employer confirms everything in one single letter.

When you say "everything" what does this mean?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Your absences (as above) and your working status:
The eligibility rules (paragraph SW 24.1.) require the sponsor to still hold a Skilled Worker licence. The sponsor must confirm they require the applicant to work for them for the foreseeable future, and the applicant will be paid at least the minimum salary in paragraph SW 24.3. for the foreseeable future. The sponsor should not assign a new CoS for this purpose – an e-mail or letter is sufficient, as long as it can be verified with the sponsor if necessary.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

zimba
Mood:

Re: Application Date for

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:52 pm

habeeb_nilam wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:22 pm
Hi,

I entered the UK in 2011 on a Student Visa and in 2016 I switched to a Tier 2 work visa. Now I am about to apply for my ILR after completing 5 years on Tier 2 visa. When I was filling the application there is a question asking what date I enterred the UK for which I am basing my application on.

My question is, I didnt have to "enter" the UK (since I was already here) when I switched to the Tier 2 visa and so to this question do I state the day the Tier 2 visa was issued to me or do i still state the day i entered the UK as a student (which is not the 1st time i entered) even though I am not basing my application on this date?

I am not sure if my question is clear but I am happy to clarify further if required!

Thanks in advance!
DO NOT start new posts and stick to this thread, please. That question is not important. You can put 2011

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 pm

Thank you for your responses.

I have an additional question if you dont mind.

How do I add my wife as a dependant (extension of her existing tier 2 dependant but not yet eligible for ILR)? When I do it as part of the Set(O) application it seems to be adding her as a Set (O) partner which seems to make the assumption that she is also applying for ILR (as it asks for Life in the UK test, English Lang requirements etc) which is not required for dependant extensions as I understand.

Your help is much appreciated!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:27 pm

She must apply separately under Skilled Worker dependant route :!:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:53 am

Thank you for the response.

To follow-up, I dont have a CoS this time round as I am applying on ILR. So what would I say is the COS number? On the link you sent it says that the CoS number will be required?

Also, in my own ILR application it asks for Sponsor Number for the sponsor of the application. What would this be because in reality I am not really being sponsored for this application right?

Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 am

habeeb_nilam wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:53 am

To follow-up, I dont have a CoS this time round as I am applying on ILR. So what would I say is the COS number? On the link you sent it says that the CoS number will be required?

Also, in my own ILR application it asks for Sponsor Number for the sponsor of the application. What would this be because in reality I am not really being sponsored for this application right?

Thank you in advance!
For a dependent extension it is your last CoS you had.

Also note, this is not the appropriate topic or sun forum to ask about OBS dependent extensions. The questions are not relevant to the ILR topic or sun forum.
You should post the extension questions in the sub forum link below

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi,

Thank you again for all your responses.

One of the evidences being asked for absences out the UK is "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for Mr XXXX"

My questions are:

1. I have had two days of business trip outside the UK. Should my company confirm this in a letter?

2. Some of my annual leave was spent outside the UK but not all of it. How would my company HR be able to confirm this as they dont know where I spent my holidays?

3. Is it mandatory for me to select this as an option for evidences of absence from the UK? I have also selected "Other" and said "Copy of passport pages showing dates of arrival and departures in the UK and other countries." I will provide this. Would this be sufficient without the letter from the employer?

Thanks once again!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:36 pm

I explicitly showed you as per rules there is no specific evidence. A simple letter confirming all absences from work were authorised by them will be enough. It sounds bizarre to expect your employer to confirm what you did during your absences

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:26 pm

My employer has stated in the letter that I am entitled to 25 days of annual leave but not specified when I took them. Apparently they dont provide that. Is this okay?

Reason I am asking is in the above link you shared they specify that

"You must confirm that the applicant’s sponsor (where they are on a sponsored route) agreed to their absence for this purpose. There is no specified evidence for this, but
you would normally expect to see:
• a letter from their sponsor agreeing to the absence for this purpose confirming the start and end dates of the applicant’s absence[/b
]"

I can provide scanned copy of my passport to show dates of leaving and arriving in countries to support.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 pm

If it says there is no specific evidence then there is nothing specific. Provide whatever you can. You are overthinking this

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by hmn2905 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:42 am

Thank you!

I have a question regarding a bank statement if you dont mind. My last bank statement that I have is with an account that I closed on the 15th of Spetember 2021. Since then I have moved to a new account. However, my last pay is showing on the old (and now closed) account. The statement I have for this account shows my pay and all other transactions. However at the end it says "Account Closed" and balance £0.00.

For the ILR application they ask for the last statement and last payslip. Can I use this statement (16/08/2021 - 15/09/2021) even though it is from a closed account? Or is it better to wait for the next statement in my new account and use that instead?

I would have to book my biometric appointment abit later on just to allow time for the new pay to come in and statement to be generated.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:46 am

You can use any evidence