ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application - Tier 2 General to ILR - Salary issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

antmen5
Newly Registered

Application - Tier 2 General to ILR - Salary issues

Post by antmen5 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I have read through the previous search posts but still, seem quite confused about the current changes to the ILR. My main issue is with the salary threshold. I work in the higher education sector and I am currently lecturing at the moment. I get paid £39512 for working 35 hours per week (£21.4532 per hour) and live and work in Scotland.

As per the going rates information on the gov. uk website (see link - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ccupations) my occupation belongs to the code 2311 - Higher education teaching professionals. The annual going rate is £40700 @ 39 hours per week.

Question 1: When calculating my salary, I can calculate it for 39 hours per week since I read that you can Pro-rate it for other working patterns. So if I calculate my salary at 39 hours per week, my annual salary is £43,507.09. Does this mean I meet the salary threshold criteria?

Question 2: The main page when reviewing the eligibility states that codes 2311 (see below information) do not have to be paid the minimum £25600 if they were sponsored on Tier 2. Does the salary threshold as mentioned in question 1 apply to me then?
When you can be paid less
If you do not meet the usual salary requirements, and you do not work in healthcare or education, you might still be eligible if your annual salary will be at least £20,480.

You do not have to be paid £25,600 if the main job you’re sponsored for:

is on the list of healthcare and education shortage occupations
is on the list of all other shortage occupations
was on one of these lists when you applied for your Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker visa
You also do not have to be paid £25,600 if you were sponsored for a Tier 2 (General) visa in one of the following occupation codes:

2111 Chemical scientists
2112 Biological scientists and biochemists
2113 Physical scientists
2114 Social and humanities scientists
2119 Natural and social science professionals not elsewhere classified
2150 Research and development managers
2311 Higher education teaching professionals
*********************************************************************************************************

Any help would be beneficial. I intend to start my application in august but I just want to make sure I get everything right at the start. Thank you for your responses in advance.