ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for ilr 5 years complete 3 month till visa expiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umer_c
Newly Registered

Apply for ilr 5 years complete 3 month till visa expiry

Post by umer_c » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 am

Hi,
My wife has compleated 5 years present in the uk on the 31st july 2019 on 5 year route with a spouse visa.
But her visa on here biometrics card expires at the end on november 2019.
Can she apply now or must she wait untill 28 days before expiry of current visa?
All requirements are met just need to know if they will allow it.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Apply for ilr 5 years complete 3 month till visa expiry

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:36 am

umer_c wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 am
Hi,
My wife has compleated 5 years present in the uk on the 31st july 2019 on 5 year route with a spouse visa.
Can she apply now or must she wait untill 28 days before expiry of current visa?

Thanks.
Yes she can even apply ILR 28 days before completing the 5 years since arrived to UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

umer_c
Newly Registered

Post by umer_c » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:36 am
umer_c wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 am
Hi,

Thanks.
Yes she can even apply ILR 28 days before completing the 5 years since arrived to UK.
I have been told its risky if she has been out of the uk, as she has a few time around a total of 4 months in 5 years. Is it atill okay?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Luckily there is no absence threshold for spouse visa. She will be fine. Just declare the absence correctly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.