ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR using Tier1 (Entrepreneur) & Tier2 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

charli
Mood:

Applying for ILR using Tier1 (Entrepreneur) & Tier2 (General)

Post by charli » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi All,

I got Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 2014 Feb and I applied for an Tier1 entrepreneur extension in Feb 2017 but due to Home Office timelines on extension I have switched to Tier2 (General) in May 2017.

I will be qualified to apply for ILR in mid JAN 2019. I was preparing my application using SET(O).
While completing application, I'm confused in....
Section 3 - Which Category ?
Available options are.....
3.1 Please tick one box to show us the category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to
remain and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.
Section A
If applying under section A, please note that you will also need to complete the
appropriate questions in section 9.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant accelerated
Tier 1 (Investor) migrant
Tier 1 (Investor) migrant accelerated
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
Representatives of an overseas business
Retired persons of independent means

Section B
If applying under section B, please note that you are not required to complete section 9.
Employment not requiring a work permit (except Representatives of an overseas business)
Tier 2 migrant
UK ancestry
Bereaved partner
Tier 1 dependant
Tier 2 dependant
Other purposes or reasons not covered by other applications forms

If you have ticked the other purposes or reasons category, please explain briefly why you are
applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. You will also need to provide a letter explaining
in more detail why you are applying, and the category of your last grant of leave.
I have 2 questions;
  • Which Category I will fall under?
  • If I select Other purposes or reasons not covered by other applications forms... How should I justify my category?
Can you please help me with this or direct me if there is any existing related post...

Thanks,
Charli

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR using Tier1 (Entrepreneur) & Tier2 (General)

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Which Category I will fall under?
If you currently hold Tier 2 General, that is what you select.
If I select Other purposes or reasons not covered by other applications forms... How should I justify my category?
This 'other purposes' option is NOT correct. It is for applications who hold Discretionary leave to remain outside the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charli
Mood:

Post by charli » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks for your help CR001

gupta33v
Newly Registered

Post by gupta33v » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:56 am

Really sorry to cut your question, and asking one of mine. Sorry!!
I thought you cannot combine T1 and T2 for ILR esp if T1 was issued first and then T2? However one can apply for ILR if they get T2 first and then change to T1 to make it 5 years?