ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR with unauthorised work abroad

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

max_tabur
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR with unauthorised work abroad

Post by max_tabur » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am currently under tier 2 and have 6 months before I can qualify for ILR.

However, I have an issue: I have worked from abroad during Covid in 2020 for about 150 days. Although I didn't break the continuous period, I didn't ask for the authorisation from my employer because I was sure that they won't let me do that. However, I was still working full time, getting paid etc...
I have some family personal reasons for that - I was taking care of the relative that was really sick.

My question is what are my options? Should I speak my employer and explain the situation, mention the personal reasons for doing that and hope I will get a letter from them that I can show UK immigration. Or should I just directly send evidence to the UK immigration when applying with reasons for staying abroad?

Many thanks
Max

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR with unauthorised work abroad

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:53 pm

You should get your employer to give you a letter that all absences from work were authorised by them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice