ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR for Tier 2 Dependants ( Spouse and kids)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RaoMR

Applying ILR for Tier 2 Dependants ( Spouse and kids)

Post by RaoMR » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi All,

I need to apply ILR for my Dependants ( Spouse and 2 kids) who are in Tier 2 General dependant Visa and stayed more then 5 years and they are eligible to apply ILR .

I got British Citizenship 5 years back through Tier 2 General visa and my dependants were extended 2 times as Tier 2 dependant visa .

1. Do i need to apply ILR for My Kids ( Who born outside UK) along with my Spouse or I can apply only for my spouse ?.

2. if i apply only for my spouse then later will I apply for naturalisation / British Citizenship for my Kids after receiving of Spouse ILR Approval ?.
3.Which form do i need to use for ILR ( I think SET(0) - is it correct ?)
4. which all Documents do i need to show to apply ILR for my dependants?. i heard that we should go thru online application now ..is it correct?.
5.Spouse should be completed 'Life in Uk ' and English test ( B1) ..is it correct ? or any chances about this.

Please let me know if any changes happen recently for apply ILR

Thanks! for your help ...

Cheers..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying ILR for Tier 2 Dependants ( Spouse and kids)

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm

1. Do i need to apply ILR for My Kids ( Who born outside UK) along with my Spouse or I can apply only for my spouse ?.
Your children need ILR yes.
2. if i apply only for my spouse then later will I apply for naturalisation / British Citizenship for my Kids after receiving of Spouse ILR Approval ?.
Your children born abroad are expected to hold ILR before they can apply for citizenship.
3.Which form do i need to use for ILR ( I think SET(0) - is it correct ?)
Set(O) yes, wife as main applicant and children as dependents.
4. which all Documents do i need to show to apply ILR for my dependants?. i heard that we should go thru online application now ..is it correct?.
Online only yes. The form will tell you what is required.
5.Spouse should be completed 'Life in Uk ' and English test ( B1) ..is it correct ? or any chances about this.
Yes, there has been no change to this requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks! a lot CR001 for your help and quick replay ...

Can you please send me online Application from link if you have ( Sorry for asking this )..

Cheers,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:11 pm

RaoMR wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm
Thanks! a lot CR001 for your help and quick replay ...

Can you please send me online Application from link if you have ( Sorry for asking this )..

Cheers,
Google????

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I am applying SET(0) online application and few doubts ..can you please help me out ...

which all documents do i need to upload ( All passport scan copies,biometric card ,Life in UK, and English test certificate)

Do i need to upload 5 diff type of address proof for both of them saying stayed together in last 2 year or 5 years ..?

Evidence of Mrs XXXX's immigration status in the UK ( is bimetric card sufficient for this evidence ).?

actually she came to UK initially 2009 and went back to home country and again came back to UK with extension VISA and went back to india and stayed 2 years in INDIA .after that freshly came back to UK on 2013 which is considering the visa ( 5 years)for ILR Dependant consideration ( I mean first entry was 2009 ,but ILR consideration is 2013 onward ( due to 2 yrs gap in between)). do i need to mention these all VISA extension history details in application or do i need to update from 2013 onward only )

Thanks! for your help...

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:15 am

Hi All,

Can you please help me about this ?.

Cheers,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 am

which all documents do i need to upload ( All passport scan copies,biometric card ,Life in UK, and English test certificate)
Everything needs to be uploaded.
Do i need to upload 5 diff type of address proof for both of them saying stayed together in last 2 year or 5 years ..?
Last 2 years.
Evidence of Mrs XXXX's immigration status in the UK ( is bimetric card sufficient for this evidence ).?
Yes.
actually she came to UK initially 2009 and went back to home country and again came back to UK with extension VISA and went back to india and stayed 2 years in INDIA .after that freshly came back to UK on 2013 which is considering the visa ( 5 years)for ILR Dependant consideration ( I mean first entry was 2009 ,but ILR consideration is 2013 onward ( due to 2 yrs gap in between)). do i need to mention these all VISA extension history details in application or do i need to update from 2013 onward only )
If the form asks for immigration history, then yes. If it does not, then no. Set(O) is only relevant to the last 5 years on Dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 am

Thanks! a lot CR001 for your help ...

Cheers,