ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Basic query(s) related to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aman5

Basic query(s) related to ILR

Post by aman5 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am

Hi Everyone

I had two basic query(s) related to ILR on basis on 10 years continuous legal stay in the UK.

These query(s) may have already been raised by someone in the past on the forum but as I intend submitting my application this coming Monday, I would appreciate if someone could please answer these query(s).

1. While calculating the days spent outside the UK in any given year, do the day of departure from the UK and day of arrival in the UK also taken into account while calculating the total duration i.e. time spent outside the UK?

2. If I intend making payment of £820 by cheque to the Home Office, cheque has to be drawn in favour of 'Home Office' or 'Home Office - Leave to Remain' while sending the cheque along with Form Set (O) for 10 years continuous legal stay ILR?

geriatrix

Re: Basic query(s) related to ILR

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 am

aman5 wrote:1. While calculating the days spent outside the UK in any given year, do the day of departure from the UK and day of arrival in the UK also taken into account while calculating the total duration i.e. time spent outside the UK?
Exclude day of departure and arrival from the count (of absences).
aman5 wrote:2. If I intend making payment of £820 by cheque to the Home Office, cheque has to be drawn in favour of 'Home Office' or 'Home Office - Leave to Remain' while sending the cheque along with Form Set (O) for 10 years continuous legal stay ILR?
Clearly mentioned in the SET(O) form.

regards