ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship from tier 2 dependent route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anita84
Newly Registered
India

British citizenship from tier 2 dependent route

Post by Anita84 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi,

Pls can someone help me in this situation.

My husband went from tier 2 5 yrs > ILR > British citizen finally in 2018 . I am about to complete my 5 yrs in tier 2 dependent by December 2019. Do I need to apply for ILR or can I apply for British citizen or is there a dependent of ILR, I need to apply or is there a dependent of British citizen, I need to apply?
Also any links to the respective (the correct one) visa section of ukba application site would be useful.
Thanks
An

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship from tier 2 dependent route

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Do I need to apply for ILR
Yes, it is mandatory for citizenship.
or can I apply for British citizen
No, there is no shortcut for you or any way to avoid applying for ilr.
or is there a dependent of ILR, I need to apply or is there a dependent of British citizen, I need to apply?
You simply apply for ilr as a PBS dependent on form Set O! Once you have ilr then you can apply for citizenship if you meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anita84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anita84 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Thank you CR001.

Couple of questions pls....

I have read in rules that one can apply 28 days before the completion of the 5 yr qualifying period. But my question is, can that 28 days be before the completion of the 5 yr qualifying period from the date of visa valid from (permit sanctioned first time) or from the date of entry (first time entry) in uk?
Say for example:
my date of visa valid from (permit sanctioned first time) is 10th December
my date of first entry into uk is 20th January
Should I apply only on 23rd December (28 days before 20th Jan) or can I apply on 12th November (28 days before 10th December)?

Also is there a rule saying the date exactly backwards counting to 5 years of your date of ilr application, the applicant should be within uk (ie cannot be outside uk on that date just 5 yrs from the date of applying for ilr)?

Thanks
An

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Anita84 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:10 pm
28 days be before the completion of the 5 yr qualifying period from the date of visa valid from (permit sanctioned first time)
PBS dependants qualify from visa issue date minus 28 days.
Ur asking questions in the incorrect forum.
Ask further in ILR forum

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Anita84 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:10 pm
Also is there a rule saying the date exactly backwards counting to 5 years of your date of ilr application, the applicant should be within uk (ie cannot be outside uk on that date just 5 yrs from the date of applying for ilr)?
No such rule for ILR.
Reference? Sounds like BC rule