ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP for ILR .. is it must?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

realfantasy
Newly Registered

BRP for ILR .. is it must?

Post by realfantasy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi

I came to UK on Tier 2 General 5 year visa. My visa started in June 2014.. and its stamped on my passport. When i was looking at ILR application, they asked about BRP card which i didn't get/never needed.

just wondering, do i need to have BRP card before applying to ILR... or my visa on passport would be enough?

appreciate any gov.uk reference , if any

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP for ILR .. is it must?

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:20 pm

If you never been issued one, then it is not a must however you cannot use a sticker as a proof of your residence status or proof of work. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

realfantasy
Newly Registered

Post by realfantasy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:20 pm
If you never been issued one, then it is not a must however you cannot use a sticker as a proof of your residence status or proof of work. :!:
what should i do then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:24 pm

There is no issue. You don't need a brp card first to apply for ILR and a 5 year visa stamped in your passport is still valid for residency and proof of right to work on tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.