ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply as dependant of ILR(LR)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PRETTYFLY
Newly Registered
Nepal

Can I apply as dependant of ILR(LR)?

Post by PRETTYFLY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 am

Hi,
I am currently on T1 Entrepreneur visa which will expire on 28 February 2020. My husband got his ILR(LR) one month ago. I want to apply ILR through my husband or any other best possible option rather than SET(O) as I think it will be straight-forward and risk free. My questions are;

1. Can I apply through ILR(LR) or ILR "Apply to extend" for 2 years on my own as I am only 6 months sort to meet my continuous 10 years in the UK. I have already done the "Life in The UK test" and got "degree certificate".

2. Can I have to apply through ILR Family members? In the GOV.UK website they have stated,
"Your current UK visa must be based on being their partner - this includes being:
their husband or wife
their civil partner
in a relationship that’s like a marriage or civil partnership".

However, my current visa is T1 Entrepreneur, me as the main applicant and my husband was my dependent.
If I can apply through this route, do I get Settlement or Spouse visa for 2.5 years? Do I have to pay IHS if I apply visa via this route?

If I cannot apply as ILR Family members which visa route do I have to apply for and which application form?Also the required documents.

Looking forward for your swift response.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply as dependant of ILR(LR)?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:02 pm

I want to apply ILR through my husband or any other best possible option

You cannot apply for ILR based on your husband. If you do not want to apply for ILR based on tier 1 route, then you can apply to switch to the FLR(M) spouse visa, 2.5 year visa NOT ILR, which will reset your 5 year ILR clock. You will have to meet the English and financial requirements.
1. Can I apply through ILR(LR) or ILR "Apply to extend" for 2 years on my own as I am only 6 months sort to meet my continuous 10 years in the UK. I have already done the "Life in The UK test" and got "degree certificate".
You cannot apply for ILR yet if you do not meet the 10 years long residence qualifying period, counted from the date you entered the UK. You can apply for FLR(M) if you meet the requirements or try FLR(IR).
2. Can I have to apply through ILR Family members? In the GOV.UK website they have stated,
"Your current UK visa must be based on being their partner - this includes being:
their husband or wife
their civil partner
in a relationship that’s like a marriage or civil partnership".

However, my current visa is T1 Entrepreneur, me as the main applicant and my husband was my dependent.
If I can apply through this route, do I get Settlement or Spouse visa for 2.5 years? Do I have to pay IHS if I apply visa via this route?
You don't qualify for ILR based on your husband. If you switch visas, or any visa you apply for, you have to pay IHS fee.
If I cannot apply as ILR Family members which visa route do I have to apply for and which application form?Also the required documents.
Already stated above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PRETTYFLY
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: Can I apply as dependant of ILR(LR)?

Post by PRETTYFLY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Thank you for your swift response.

Could you pls guide which is the easiest route for me FLR(M) or FLR(IR). I did not find helpful information on FLR(IR) on the GOV.UK website.

Could you pls state;
1. The required documents
2. Amount of time granted
3. The fee
4. If i can apply FLR(IR) with priority result £500