ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i be eligible for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bpandrate

Can i be eligible for ILR

Post by bpandrate » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:30 am

Dear All,

This is an intresting page where people share their views, experinces and ideas..thanks too for that.
My question is that can apply for ILR,my residence history briefly goes here
I came to uk on 1st Jan 2005 on 1yr work permit called SBS(sector based scheme)than i switched to 5yr W.P visa for this i had to go back to my home country and re entered on 1st July 2005.
So in my first 1yr visa i spent 5mnt in U.K , Can i add this to my current period to make 5yr stay, so that am abel to apply for ILR on December hopfully.
Pls answer me any one who knows any thing about this..Pls
Thanks in advance to every one.

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Dear Seniors and experts
Could you please let me know in this case can i apply for ILR?As i heard some people got the ILR under same situatioin but i still want to hear from you all,how much success rate would be there if i apply?
Also can i ask when i got appointment, can i only show them my documents and ask wthear i am eligible or not before paying my fees?
Is it something possible pls pls help..
Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 pm

The SBS work permit specifically specified that they did not lead to settlement. In addition you would not have been able to enter the UK again on a normal work permit until you had spent at least two months outside the UK, which would probably give you a break in residence in any case.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/

If you look at the immigration rules for ILR as a work permit holder you would not have spent 5 years in the UK under paragraphs 128 to 133 of the rules as required. The SBS section (now deleted) is at 135.

You cannot turn up at the PEO and not pay the fees until after they have made a decision on your application.