ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash saving for Spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jsinn
Newly Registered

Cash saving for Spouse ILR

Post by Jsinn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:30 am

Hi Members,
I have question regarding cash saving for ILR.
I checked the financial documents and found for ILR cash saving is £34600, please correct me if i m wrong?
I have googled and seen people saying its 62500 i think thats for FLRM NOT for ILR.

Also what proof i need to give to show cash saving?
In my case i am working overseas and have saving in my UK account. Also do i need to put some money to my saving account every month ?

Please help me to sort this out.

This is last step for Visas so dont want to take risk

It would be great if someone share the experience using cash saving( i have not found any).

Thanks in Advance.

choc_mouse
Japan

Re: Cash saving for Spouse ILR

Post by choc_mouse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:24 am

Hello, I didn't even know about this and we just applied for ILR, but what you say seems to be correct.
7.2.3. At the indefinite leave to remain stage, the whole of the amount above £16,000 can be used. And the following equation is to be used: (x minus 16,000) = y
Therefore, the minimum required £18,600, plus the amount of £16,000 = £34,600 in cash savings for ILR.

Appendix FM1.7 tells you what evidence you need:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

For cash savings, basically bank statements covering the 6 months prior to application, showing savings at or above the level required. The statements need certain details on it (like bank name - check FM1.7). It doesn't need to show any payments into it, just opening and closing balance, in your (or partner's) name.