ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change in take-home pay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Juliano
Newly Registered

change in take-home pay

Post by Juliano » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Hello everyone

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. She's just completed five years on work permit, but a couple of months ago she agreed with employer to go from 5 to 3 days per week. Her pay has been reduced by 40% pro rata, but the full time or hourly rate equivalent has remained unchanged.

The Home Office will look at her payslips/bank statements and will notice the change in 'take-home' pay. Will this be a problem when applying for indefinite leave?

We'll be grateful for your thoughts.

J

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello,

They don't care if there is difference between the actual pay and salary mentioned on the work permit but one should be in full time employment(40 hours/week) as a rule of work permit i think.

This would be a concern if they found out that your friend was not full time employee.

Watch this space !!

Deep..

Juliano
Newly Registered

Post by Juliano » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Deep4ILR

Thanks for getting back. I think you have a point.

J

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

you've not mentioned the reason why she's reduced the number of hours but i think if it is a recent thing and she can explain that there is a genuine reason why she had to go part time, she should be ok. When is she due to apply? May be she can come back to full time hours again now and just show those couple of months shortage as unpaid leave that she had to take for some personal reasons

Pierrot95

Re: change in take-home pay

Post by Pierrot95 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:17 am

The maximum reduction of working hours for a WP holder is 10%. It can be up to 30% if the reduced working hours are part of a company-wide policy to avoid redundancies.
See here

-------------