ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CIFAS Marker & ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

CIFAS Marker & ILR

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:43 am

Hi I am asking this question on behalf of one of my friend who got his name under CIFAS due to issue with his bank. However he tried his best to resolve the issue with bank but the bank is not showing positive reply.

He is going to apply ILR in Novrmber 2019. He asked me about whether will it effect on his ILR application? I simply replied that if you are convicted or spend time in prision so it will effect otherwise I dont think it will effect only it will remain in ur file and you wont able to get credit and opening bank account.

I just want to know from seniors am i right or someone was in the same situation.

Pls clarify.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: CIFAS Marker & ILR

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:08 pm

he’s a victim of identity fraud.
Would not affect his ILR.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. He got Cat 6 CIFAS which is first party fraud. One of his friend transfer money in his account and ask him to withdraw it. He went to the cash counter he draw his money. After 3 months he was informed by the bank that the money was stolen. When approched to his friend he said he transfer legal money in his account which belongs to him.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 pm
Thanks for the reply. He got Cat 6 CIFAS which is first party fraud. One of his friend transfer money in his account and ask him to withdraw it. He went to the cash counter he draw his money. After 3 months he was informed by the bank that the money was stolen. When approched to his friend he said he transfer legal money in his account which belongs to him.
Oh that’s serious. If no charges or arrests have been made then it just seems that he’s gonna have a terrible credit rating. I don’t think it should affect his ILR still.
Wait for a moderator to answer.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 pm
If someone is withdrawing money from his account over the counter then always the bank ask for identification and upon successful identity checks only then they process the transaction, then how can someone steal the money unless someone had used false identity and bank discovered that later which is almost near impossible for over the counter transaction? Bit strange if that was the alone reason.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 am

This is not going to have any influence on the ILR at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks Zimba

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:08 am

From my understanding, CIFAS (Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System) markers are designed to warn the lenders. These are put on individual’s credit reference file and can be referenced by any organisation as it sees fit.

It is best to seek professional advice in this case. If time permits, I would advice a clearly constructed FOI extraction to see if this has any relevance in the UKVIs decision making workflow.