ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clock start for 10 yrs ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deltaquest
Newly Registered
India

Clock start for 10 yrs ILR

Post by deltaquest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 am

Hello there,

I have a question regarding the ILR via the 10 years long residency route which I am intending to apply next year

My query is to understand the time period required to apply my ILR in 10 years long residence category?

I have got my Tier-2 ICT visa (leave to enter) granted in 26th Aug 2010. Actually I have entered UK on 9th oct 2010. And after I am a continuous resident in the UK on tier-2 ICT visa and my current visa is expiring on 30th Aug 2020.

Please help in understand the following question

What is the clock start time for my 10 years long residents category ( visa stamping dare or UK entry date) ?

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clock start for 10 yrs ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

What is the clock start time for my 10 years long residents category ( visa stamping dare or UK entry date) ?
It starts counting from the date you ENTERED the UK for long residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

deltaquest
Newly Registered
India

Re: Clock start for 10 yrs ILR

Post by deltaquest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am

Many thanks for your swift response. Could please answer my another query on the same subject please.

I have got my Tier-2 ICT visa (leave to enter) granted in 26th Aug 2010. Actually I have entered UK on 9th oct 2010. And after I am a continuous resident in the UK on tier-2 ICT visa and my current visa is expiring on 30th Aug 2020. I understand that we can apply ILR 28 days prior of 10 years completion i.e.11th Sep 2020.

My current visa is expiring on 30th Aug 2020. There is a gap of 11 days to apply my ILR on 11th Sep 2020. Do I need to process one year extension again or any other suggestions please?