ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Docs for ILR - SET(O) Route - Urgent. Please help!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused_
Newly Registered

Cohabitation Docs for ILR - SET(O) Route - Urgent. Please help!!!

Post by confused_ » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 am

Dear all

I am preparing to submit ILR application for my self, spouse and a child this week. I have read different posts in this forum regarding the supporting documents but my main source of confusion is the requirement for documents as evidence of cohabitation.

Right now I have the following, could anyone please advise if these are enough or if I need any more...

1. Council Tax (annual, since March 2016) in both myself and spouse name
2. Water Bill (annual, since March 2016) in both myself and spouse name
3. Tenancy agreement + a letter from Estate Agent in both myself and spouse name
4. Utility Bills for last 2 years (4 bills spread across this period) in my name
5. Utility Bill/Bank Statement for last two years (4 pieces spread across this period) in my spouse name.

Also, do I need any letter addressed to my child? I have a hospital appointment letter from couple of months ago. Would that be OK if required?

Many thanks for your help in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Cohabitation Docs for ILR - SET(O) Route - Urgent. Please help!!!

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 pm

confused_ wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 am
Dear all

I am preparing to submit ILR application for my self, spouse and a child this week. I have read different posts in this forum regarding the supporting documents but my main source of confusion is the requirement for documents as evidence of cohabitation.

Right now I have the following, could anyone please advise if these are enough or if I need any more...

1. Council Tax (annual, since March 2016) in both myself and spouse name
2. Water Bill (annual, since March 2016) in both myself and spouse name
3. Tenancy agreement + a letter from Estate Agent in both myself and spouse name
4. Utility Bills for last 2 years (4 bills spread across this period) in my name
5. Utility Bill/Bank Statement for last two years (4 pieces spread across this period) in my spouse name.

Also, do I need any letter addressed to my child? I have a hospital appointment letter from couple of months ago. Would that be OK if required?

Many thanks for your help in advance
You are good to go. Child needs a letter only if over 16 years old.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

confused_
Newly Registered

Post by confused_ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:53 am

Thank you tier11417 for the helpful reply.

I am also reading on this forum that people have scanned pages of current and old passports. Although I have scanned the 1st page of passport, I am assuming that as I will be sending my BRP and Passport as part of the application, I do not need to scan all the pages. Is this correct?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 pm

confused_ wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:53 am

I am also reading on this forum that people have scanned pages of current and old passports. Although I have scanned the 1st page of passport, I am assuming that as I will be sending my BRP and Passport as part of the application, I do not need to scan all the pages. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Are you using the new service? With the new service you dont send your original documents. UKVCAS returns you the documents after verification. So its best to scan and upload full.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

confused_
Newly Registered

Post by confused_ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 pm
confused_ wrote:

Thanks!
Are you using the new service? With the new service you dont send your original documents. UKVCAS returns you the documents after verification. So its best to scan and upload full.
Yes I am going to use new service. I didnt know that you dont send anything.. Thank you very much for pointing this out. Could you please a bit more helpful by answering the following:

My entry clearance was stamped on my old passport and most of the travel history is on the new passport. I am assuming I should scan all the pages relevant to the tier 2 visa (entry clearance, travel stamps etc)?

Also: I asked my bank to provide a certified bank statement and they say their current practice is that they only stamp the first page and also have a second stamp with the words 'this statement was printed in branch'. They are not willing to do any other help. Would this statement be enough?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm

confused_ wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
tier11417 wrote:
confused_ wrote:

Thanks!
Yes I am going to use new service. I didnt know that you dont send anything.. Thank you very much for pointing this out. Could you please a bit more helpful by answering the following:

My entry clearance was stamped on my old passport and most of the travel history is on the new passport. I am assuming I should scan all the pages relevant to the tier 2 visa (entry clearance, travel stamps etc)?

Also: I asked my bank to provide a certified bank statement and they say their current practice is that they only stamp the first page and also have a second stamp with the words 'this statement was printed in branch'. They are not willing to do any other help. Would this statement be enough?
1) Scan all pages including the stamps covering the 5 year period.
2) Should be okay. With the new system, evidence can be originals or copies.

confused_
Newly Registered

Post by confused_ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm
confused_ wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
tier11417 wrote:
confused_ wrote:

Thanks!

1) Scan all pages including the stamps covering the 5 year period.
2) Should be okay. With the new system, evidence can be originals or copies.
Thank you very much tier11417