ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion around when I can apply for my ILR (5 year marriage route)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidanth
Newly Registered
Mood:

Confusion around when I can apply for my ILR (5 year marriage route)

Post by Sidanth » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi all,
I'm just a bit confused around when I can apply for my ILR with the 5 year marriage route. My wife is a British citizen and I entered the UK on my first spousal visa on the 11th of May 2016- I have actually completed my 5 years this year and have also cleared my Life in the UK test (was really easy)!

My second half of the spousal visa expires on the 9th of Sept, 2021 and I was confused as to when I could actually apply for the ILR? does it need to be 28 days before the 9th of Sept or can I apply for it now?

Many thanks all

:?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Confusion around when I can apply for my ILR (5 year marriage route)

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:51 pm

It is within 28 days of completing your 5 years. Your five years was completed on 11 May 2021. So you have been eligible for ILR since April. Your current visa expiry is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sidanth
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sidanth » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:54 pm

:D excellent mate! thanks for the swift reply! will get on it :)

Sidanth
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sidanth » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:51 pm
It is within 28 days of completing your 5 years. Your five years was completed on 11 May 2021. So you have been eligible for ILR since April. Your current visa expiry is irrelevant
Hello mate- I# have another query if you could answer that would be great- see on the how long have you been in the UK ques- I'm a bit confused- I was first in the UK in 2007 sept as a student- I then was on a 2 year Post Study Work Visa- I then did my masters and then after graduation left the UK in 2012. I then came back to the UK in 2016- should i mention all the time collectively for this answer? or just stick with the last 5 years as I am applying as per the 5 year marriage route?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Just the last 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sidanth
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sidanth » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:49 pm
Just the last 5 years
Hi Zimba- seems like I am pestering you on here but I have another issue- I have recently been promoted and have been in a new role from the 05/08/2021- the application question asks what is your current role and how long I have been in the role for- so ideally I have been in the current role for only 5 days but been in the company for more than 5 years- do you think I should include 5 years and 2 months on the amount of time in current role or just the 05/08/2021 and elaborate on the cover letter with the list of documents? as usual thanks for your swift replies- you don't know how much I appreciate this-

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:32 am

Current role in this context means 'current employment' not you actual role in the company