ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent form ILR online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 83597
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

What sensitive info??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi CR001,

In the previous page (in this chain of posts), I have named my employer. There are 2 references to their name here (search for "Engineer II in the") and I'd like to replace their name with ABC. Thanks.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 83597
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Replaced with xxxx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Looks fine - thanks!

AdotS
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 pm
India

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by AdotS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:13 pm

@munsey

Many Congratulations!

All I wanted to ask you is

- What date did your 28 days qualification period (before 5 years complete) start from?

- When did you submit your online application?

Cheers

hw rose
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:57 am
Malaysia

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by hw rose » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing!

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello munsey, congratulations. I have read your post and find this sentence confusing:

"As noted above, I have absent for a total of 39 days (which exceeds the 30 day discretion limit). Although, it was actually taken across two "holiday years" of the company. Is this going to be an issue?"

What do you mean by "I have absent for a total of 39 days (which exceeds the 30 day discretion limit)"?

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:23 am

munsey wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 am
Hello,

It was a HORRIBLE experience with UKVCAS (not to be confused with UKVI).

Half of the biometric scanners didn't work. They set up their "office" in the corner of the Manchester Central library (among the bookshelves!) with no place to sit (people were just sitting on the floor and seats they could find in the library). So my (and everyone else's) appointment was delayed by 4 hrs!!!

Finally, I went in and gave my biometrics... and, their paper scanners didn't work either. So couldn't upload docs - luckily I had some backup in my laptop that I took there and I uploaded docs myself at the appointment (imagine sitting on the floor in a library with 50 other people, taking out my
laptop, connecting to my phone for internet, and uploading docs via a terribly slow internet connection, etc). The reason I didn't upload docs beforehand was they were very blurred and thought they'd have better scanners - obviously, I was wrong). The good news is that I could still upload docs later after getting home until 22.00 on the same day i.e., after the appointment.

UKVCAS provide services like "document scanning", "document checking" with additional cost. They are useless. They just say something like "looks alright" which you could very well check yourself (I wasted £35 there). Similarly, UKVCAS helpline is totally useless as well - their only answer to any question is "we don't know; you'll have to contact UKVI" (but they charge £2.50 per minute!).

I was supposed to get an email on Friday confirming my biometric was enrolled but never received it.

I got an email from Home Office on Monday (yesterday) noon that my ILR was granted (with BRP and approval letter to be posted later).

The process at the appointment is:

1. Give your biometric.

2. Upload docs & submit the application to UKVI.

3. The decision usually within 24 hrs (weekends don't count) of giving biometric for super priority service (this depends on the type of service you chose).

My suggestion:

Upload ALL the docs *before* the appointment and be done with it (you still have to take original docs to the appointment. No need to take photocopies of docs or passport photos). Don't spend a single penny on UKVCAS services/helpline phones (they're not UKVI and their "services" have no value or use & total crap anyway). Just give your biometrics at the appointment with UKVCAS. It took me about 40 mins at the appointment. But if they fix their biometric scanners, paper scanners, etc and if you upload all the docs before the appointment, it should all be over within 10 mins.


Hi, thank you very much for sharing your experience.

i have a questions if you could answer me?

There is a consent form we need to sign which including 3 parts. Correct me if I was not right. I include my girlfriend's (been together 4 years) detail as well as her passport front page in my application, stayed as unmarried partner. However, we does not have any joint account or have anything under joint name. I felt like she need to sign the part 2 because she need to give home office permission that they can review his information. Maybe I am wrong?

Also, for part 3, I was going to ask my parents to sign it, because they are paying for my tuition fees, rent as well as LR application fees. I feel like my parents are the sponsors of my life in the Uk so they might count as third party who provide financial support to set out my application. What do you think?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Or shall i only sign part 1 and leave part 2/3 blank?

Again thank you so much for your help !

OscarB
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by OscarB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:31 am

O_o wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:43 am
munsey wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:17 pm
Thanks. I'll do that.
Hi Munsey,

Kindly share details of how it went, anything we need to be aware of, etc. I also plan on using the new service (no more appointment days available for 45 days..)

Thanks,
O_o
Hello,

Are there are no more appointment days for the 45 business-day route? If so, how do you use the new service without booking a date on the home office site?

Thanks in advance!

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 am

munsey wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 pm
>> How much did you pay in total (visa fees + super priority fees)?

£3018 in total (excluding the £35 I paid for the useless "document checking").

>> 1) Did you upload all the pages of the passports (new and old?) for absenses evidence? I have like 6 passports. Would I need to upload all?

I had 2 passports and uploaded all pages because I didn't have absence letter from one of my former employers (so I wrote a cover letter & submitted all pages as evidence to show the dates I was out of the UK). Otherwise, it's probably enough to upload first & last pages of old passports (Only relevant if your old passports have any stamps that during your qualification period. E.g., in the last 5 years for Tier 2 General to ILR). Your application should list what's required(when you complete it).

>> 2) Once you upload the documents, does the system give you option to view the documents?

No. That was really annoying! You can see what you have uploaded but not download it or see its content. Just a list of docs you uploaded.

>> 3) I read in some other threads where some members were having difficulty uploading the “mandatory” documents. Does the system indicate the mandatory and optional documents clearly? Did you encounter and difficulty uploading? Like is there any maximum file size of a pdf or jpeg?

I didn't have any difficulties. Max size per file is 6MB. But there's no limit on the number of files.

Their site does list sections like "mandatory", "optional", "finance", "proof of business", "education", etc. But it doesn't list all docs I needed to submit. That's a generic list of sections for ALL types of visa applications and has no direct relation to your *specific* application (so you may have more or less docs to be uploaded). It really doesn't matter (you can even upload ALL your supporting docs in the "mandatory" section if you like). You don't need to uploads docs for every section. You only need to submit what's listed in your application form (and checklist). I didn't upload anything for few sections.


Hi, i also have a question about calculating 540 days. When you did, did you calculate departure date and arrival date? For example, if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day? Im not sure if it is only full day thats outside of UK count or is it include half days?
Thank you !

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:36 am

AdotS wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:13 pm
@munsey

Many Congratulations!

All I wanted to ask you is

- What date did your 28 days qualification period (before 5 years complete) start from?

- When did you submit your online application?

Cheers
By the time, I applied/submitted my online application, it was over 5 years (so the start qual period didn't matter).

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:37 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Hello munsey, congratulations. I have read your post and find this sentence confusing:
What do you mean by "I have absent for a total of 39 days (which exceeds the 30 day discretion limit)"?
I have been absent for 39 days in the calendar year 2015 for 39 days.

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:23 am

There is a consent form we need to sign which including 3 parts. Correct me if I was not right. I include my girlfriend's (been together 4 years) detail as well as her passport front page in my application, stayed as unmarried partner. However, we does not have any joint account or have anything under joint name. I felt like she need to sign the part 2 because she need to give home office permission that they can review his information. Maybe I am wrong?

Also, for part 3, I was going to ask my parents to sign it, because they are paying for my tuition fees, rent as well as LR application fees. I feel like my parents are the sponsors of my life in the Uk so they might count as third party who provide financial support to set out my application. What do you think?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Or shall i only sign part 1 and leave part 2/3 blank?

Again thank you so much for your help !
I am no expert on this. The form tells you what you need to submit. Basically, the consent is for any doc you give that might have another person's name (e.g., if you submit your rental agreement as a supporting doc and if it has your partner's name, then your partner has to sign it to allow Home Office to do verification checks).

I only submitted what's in my name because I applied just for myself. Didn't apply for dependents and didn't (need to) submit anything that has my spouse's name.

munsey
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by munsey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 am
Hi, i also have a question about calculating 540 days. When you did, did you calculate departure date and arrival date? For example, if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day? Im not sure if it is only full day thats outside of UK count or is it include half days?
Thank you !
I don't know anything about 540 days. I didn't calculate anything myself. I just put down the departure and arrival dates from/to the UK (just like how the online application asks dates).

> if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day?

It counts as 1 day - again, I didn't calculate or note down the num of days in my cover letter or application. Just the dates.

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by ilovethebeatles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi Munsey,

Can you share your experience regarding booking an appointment. Is it easy to find an appointment within 5 days? Does it offer appointments at weekend - and if yes how much does it cost per applicant?

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

munsey wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 am
Hi, i also have a question about calculating 540 days. When you did, did you calculate departure date and arrival date? For example, if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day? Im not sure if it is only full day thats outside of UK count or is it include half days?
Thank you !
I don't know anything about 540 days. I didn't calculate anything myself. I just put down the departure and arrival dates from/to the UK (just like how the online application asks dates).

> if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day?

It counts as 1 day - again, I didn't calculate or note down the num of days in my cover letter or application. Just the dates.
Thank you very much for your help !! Im going to my appointment tomorrow !! haha wish me luck :)

varma24365
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by varma24365 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Josh,

any updates?

thanks

Luni
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Luni » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi,

I hope you application went good. I was just wondering if I should upload the following document along with the other required documents when I apply tomorrow.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Thanks,
Luni

vpruk
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 12:54 pm
Mood:

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Luni wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi,

I hope you application went good. I was just wondering if I should upload the following document along with the other required documents when I apply tomorrow.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Thanks,
Luni

hi luni

from what i read in the forum and other people, yes we need to sign and upload it.

i am due to apply next week. i want to clarify few doubts if you dont mind asking.

how did you scan the documents- pdf or jpeg? how did you uploaded. is it user friendly online system that we can upload as many as we can as we do in emails - attach one after other?

thanks and looking forward for the reply

regards
vpr

Luni
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Luni » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 am

yes, it is user friendly, but just so you know that yo uploaded the files in the correct place, consider paying the £35 for document checking. They'll check it for you twice

zulu422
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by zulu422 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:46 pm

munsey wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 pm
>> How much did you pay in total (visa fees + super priority fees)?

£3018 in total (excluding the £35 I paid for the useless "document checking").

>> 1) Did you upload all the pages of the passports (new and old?) for absenses evidence? I have like 6 passports. Would I need to upload all?

I had 2 passports and uploaded all pages because I didn't have absence letter from one of my former employers (so I wrote a cover letter & submitted all pages as evidence to show the dates I was out of the UK). Otherwise, it's probably enough to upload first & last pages of old passports (Only relevant if your old passports have any stamps that during your qualification period. E.g., in the last 5 years for Tier 2 General to ILR). Your application should list what's required(when you complete it).

>> 2) Once you upload the documents, does the system give you option to view the documents?

No. That was really annoying! You can see what you have uploaded but not download it or see its content. Just a list of docs you uploaded.

>> 3) I read in some other threads where some members were having difficulty uploading the “mandatory” documents. Does the system indicate the mandatory and optional documents clearly? Did you encounter and difficulty uploading? Like is there any maximum file size of a pdf or jpeg?

I didn't have any difficulties. Max size per file is 6MB. But there's no limit on the number of files.

Their site does list sections like "mandatory", "optional", "finance", "proof of business", "education", etc. But it doesn't list all docs I needed to submit. That's a generic list of sections for ALL types of visa applications and has no direct relation to your *specific* application (so you may have more or less docs to be uploaded). It really doesn't matter (you can even upload ALL your supporting docs in the "mandatory" section if you like). You don't need to uploads docs for every section. You only need to submit what's listed in your application form (and checklist). I didn't upload anything for few sections.


Hi Munsey,

Congratulations on your successful ILR application and also many thanks for sharing your experience and insights.

I'm applying for ILR in the coming weeks, I'm currently on Tier 2 General and was on Tier-1 PSW prior to that.

A few things to check with you or anyone else who've recently submitted the online application -

1. The online application form does not allow you to enter more than 30 trips/absences from the UK. I've a few more to add but not sure how I can do that? Any thoughts?

2. The document list says most recent payslip and bank statement. Not sure why everywhere on this forum I see people are submitting 3 months of payslips, bank statements, P60s. Perhaps an overkill? What did you do? Also, my employer only issues online payslips - will that be acceptable?

3. For "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website" -> I see you were to upload your Degree Certificate and/or PSW copy. What did you finally?


Appreciate the help! Thanks in advance.

Locked
cron