ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent form ILR online application

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Josh Hagino
Japan

Re: Consent form ILR online application

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

munsey wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 am
Hi, i also have a question about calculating 540 days. When you did, did you calculate departure date and arrival date? For example, if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day? Im not sure if it is only full day thats outside of UK count or is it include half days?
Thank you !
I don't know anything about 540 days. I didn't calculate anything myself. I just put down the departure and arrival dates from/to the UK (just like how the online application asks dates).

> if I left the UK on 01/01/2018 to Spain and returned on 03/01/2018, does it count as 3 days absent or 1 day?

It counts as 1 day - again, I didn't calculate or note down the num of days in my cover letter or application. Just the dates.
Thank you very much for your help !! Im going to my appointment tomorrow !! haha wish me luck :)

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Josh,

any updates?

thanks

Luni
Newly Registered

Post by Luni » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi,

I hope you application went good. I was just wondering if I should upload the following document along with the other required documents when I apply tomorrow.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Thanks,
Luni

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Luni wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi,

I hope you application went good. I was just wondering if I should upload the following document along with the other required documents when I apply tomorrow.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Thanks,
Luni

hi luni

from what i read in the forum and other people, yes we need to sign and upload it.

i am due to apply next week. i want to clarify few doubts if you dont mind asking.

how did you scan the documents- pdf or jpeg? how did you uploaded. is it user friendly online system that we can upload as many as we can as we do in emails - attach one after other?

thanks and looking forward for the reply

regards
vpr

Luni
Newly Registered

Post by Luni » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 am

yes, it is user friendly, but just so you know that yo uploaded the files in the correct place, consider paying the £35 for document checking. They'll check it for you twice

zulu422
Newly Registered

Post by zulu422 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:46 pm

munsey wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 pm
>> How much did you pay in total (visa fees + super priority fees)?

£3018 in total (excluding the £35 I paid for the useless "document checking").

>> 1) Did you upload all the pages of the passports (new and old?) for absenses evidence? I have like 6 passports. Would I need to upload all?

I had 2 passports and uploaded all pages because I didn't have absence letter from one of my former employers (so I wrote a cover letter & submitted all pages as evidence to show the dates I was out of the UK). Otherwise, it's probably enough to upload first & last pages of old passports (Only relevant if your old passports have any stamps that during your qualification period. E.g., in the last 5 years for Tier 2 General to ILR). Your application should list what's required(when you complete it).

>> 2) Once you upload the documents, does the system give you option to view the documents?

No. That was really annoying! You can see what you have uploaded but not download it or see its content. Just a list of docs you uploaded.

>> 3) I read in some other threads where some members were having difficulty uploading the “mandatory” documents. Does the system indicate the mandatory and optional documents clearly? Did you encounter and difficulty uploading? Like is there any maximum file size of a pdf or jpeg?

I didn't have any difficulties. Max size per file is 6MB. But there's no limit on the number of files.

Their site does list sections like "mandatory", "optional", "finance", "proof of business", "education", etc. But it doesn't list all docs I needed to submit. That's a generic list of sections for ALL types of visa applications and has no direct relation to your *specific* application (so you may have more or less docs to be uploaded). It really doesn't matter (you can even upload ALL your supporting docs in the "mandatory" section if you like). You don't need to uploads docs for every section. You only need to submit what's listed in your application form (and checklist). I didn't upload anything for few sections.

Hi Munsey,

Congratulations on your successful ILR application and also many thanks for sharing your experience and insights.

I'm applying for ILR in the coming weeks, I'm currently on Tier 2 General and was on Tier-1 PSW prior to that.

A few things to check with you or anyone else who've recently submitted the online application -

1. The online application form does not allow you to enter more than 30 trips/absences from the UK. I've a few more to add but not sure how I can do that? Any thoughts?

2. The document list says most recent payslip and bank statement. Not sure why everywhere on this forum I see people are submitting 3 months of payslips, bank statements, P60s. Perhaps an overkill? What did you do? Also, my employer only issues online payslips - will that be acceptable?

3. For "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website" -> I see you were to upload your Degree Certificate and/or PSW copy. What did you finally?

Appreciate the help! Thanks in advance.