ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent form(s)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xcorp
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 2 to ILR Application

Post by xcorp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Hello all,

I have read extensively and learnt a lot from the posts and success stories on this forum.

I am planning to apply for my ILR through Tier 2 General route this month - July

Here are the documents I am planning to submit:

**SET(O) filled and signed
**Declaration form
**Consent form
**Passport(new&old used for uk entry) - All pages to be scanned
**BRP
**Pictures(2)
**Life in UK test pass notification
**UK Masters Certificate
**3 months payslip
**3 months bank statement
**Letter from Employer
** Driving licence (proof of address)

Questions:

1. Is it necessary to scan all pages of passports current and old or just stamped pages?

2. For the absences, do I need to include uk absences from student visa days prior to when the Tier 2 general visa was first granted?

3. I learnt (See page 11, paragraph 1 and 2 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf) if the absence are less than 30 days it is not necessary to provide evidence, my question is that is it for 30 days or 30 working days?

4. I have been out for work and holiday beyond 30 day (including weekend) but if I count working days only, it is less than 30 days. If absences are more than 30 days and a letter is sought from employer, do I provide all my recorded absences (which includes holidays as stated in my form) to HR or just ask hr for my used holidays and business travels?

5. Do I need to provide evidence of 5 years residence over the past 5 years, e.g Water bill covering the past 5 years?

6. I have requested an employment letter from my employer requesting the following information to be added; SOC code, salary, working hours, holiday allowance, “required for the foreseeable future” statement. Did I miss anything?

7. Beyond the above, have I missed anything?

I will update you all on how it goes, for others.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 pm

**Pictures(2)
** Driving licence (proof of address)
Not required.
**Letter from Employer
Is this the employment details AND the absences?? Also absence letters from all employers you have had on Tier 2 (if applicable)??
Questions:
1. Is it necessary to scan all pages of passports current and old or just stamped pages?
Some only do stamped others do the whole passport to avoid delays if HO queries.
2. For the absences, do I need to include uk absences from student visa days prior to when the Tier 2 general visa was first granted?
NO. Only Tier 2 as that is what your application is based on for form SET(O).
3. I learnt (See page 11, paragraph 1 and 2 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf) if the absence are less than 30 days it is not necessary to provide evidence, my question is that is it for 30 days or 30 working days?
You need letters only, not other evidence. Many rather include all absence to avoid issues.
4. I have been out for work and holiday beyond 30 day (including weekend) but if I count working days only, it is less than 30 days. If absences are more than 30 days and a letter is sought from employer, do I provide all my recorded absences (which includes holidays as stated in my form) to HR or just ask hr for my used holidays and business travels?
All absences must be stated.
5. Do I need to provide evidence of 5 years residence over the past 5 years, e.g Water bill covering the past 5 years?
No.
6. I have requested an employment letter from my employer requesting the following information to be added; SOC code, salary, working hours, holiday allowance, “required for the foreseeable future” statement. Did I miss anything?
Should be fine.
7. Beyond the above, have I missed anything?
Don't overthink and don't submit unnecessary documents that you 'think' HO 'might' want to see. Stick to the checklist!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xcorp
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Application

Post by xcorp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Thank you so much CR001 for your prompt response.
- I will scan all the pages of my passport.
You need letters only, not other evidence. Many rather include all absence to avoid issues.
- For the question: What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies?. I have now selected "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies" as opposed to "Others"
I have requested an employment letter from my employer requesting the following information to be added; SOC code, salary, working hours, holiday allowance, “required for the foreseeable future” statement. Did I miss anything?
- I only worked with one employer throughout so I have requested for my paid annual leave and all absences during the 5-year period to be included in the letter.

To be diligent, does these above address your initial response?

Many thanks

xcorp
Newly Registered
Mood:

Consent form(s)

Post by xcorp » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello people,

I submitted my ILR SET(o) application (Tier 2 G route) on Sunday, I also downloaded a copy of my application form. I was reviewing the application form today and realised there is a "Declaration" form at the end.

Question

1) Is this meant to be signed?
2) I already signed the "PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" consent form, and only signed part 1 considering I am applying alone and no document of mine is a joint document(part 2) and no financial sponsor(part 3) is involved.

Is that okay?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Consent form(s)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:15 pm

xcorp wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm
Hello people,

I submitted my ILR SET(o) application (Tier 2 G route) on Sunday, I also downloaded a copy of my application form. I was reviewing the application form today and realised there is a "Declaration" form at the end.

Question

1) Is this meant to be signed?
2) I already signed the "PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" consent form, and only signed part 1 considering I am applying alone and no document of mine is a joint document(part 2) and no financial sponsor(part 3) is involved.

Is that okay?
You dont sign anything on the online form. You have those 3 parts only. Sign the one which is applicable to you. Leave the rest.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

xcorp
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Consent form(s)

Post by xcorp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Thank you tier11417