ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Documents: Spouse and Kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Post by cooloz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Hello experts

I need clarifications with regards to a specific question for my spouse's ILR application

My spouse is in the process of applying ILR as PBS dependent (main applicant) along with our son in the same application. I have already got ILR granted couple of months back. From a date perspective we are OK and beyond the 5 year requirements.

In the application, I am unsure of a specific question - "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?". Not sure to answer Yes or No to this question?

Our situation is:

1. I and my spouse do not have a joint bank account. I have my own account and my spouse has own. We are planning to provide our individual bank statements for past 6 months
2. My spouse is working - so planning to provide spouse's salary slips
3. My spouse or I are NOT providing any letter from our companies as this is a dependent application. Hope this is OK?

Please can you advise if I should answer "Yes" to the above question as the application include our son and he is needed financial support from either or both of us as far as HO is concerned. I was thinking to mark "Yes" and include both mine and my spouse's signature in the consent form.

Please advise
1. If we answer No to the question
2. Answer Yes and only my spouse sign the consent form as she is the main applicant.
3. Answer Yes and both me and my spouse sign the consent form as we both are providing our financial details.

Please let me know what would be the right thing to to?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Consent Question Regarding Financial Support

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 pm

You must also send cohabitation documents. So you need to answer Yes and both must sign consent forms
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Post by cooloz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your response. Just for clarity for the mentioned question I will say 'Yes' and and both me and my spouse will sign the consent form. Thanks for the advise. Are the bank statements of mine and spouse enough or I need to give my salary slips as well?

In terms of cohabitation proofs I have the following in mine and spouse's name that I am planning to submit:
1. Council tax for last 5 years
2. Water Bill for last 5 years - 2 bills per year
3, House contracts for last 5 years

Are these enough or do I need to furnish any more documents?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm

cooloz wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:33 pm
Are the bank statements of mine and spouse enough or I need to give my salary slips as well?
There is no financial requirement for PBS dependant ILR
In terms of cohabitation proofs I have the following in mine and spouse's name that I am planning to submit:
1. Council tax for last 5 years
2. Water Bill for last 5 years - 2 bills per year
3, House contracts for last 5 years

Are these enough or do I need to furnish any more documents?
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Post by cooloz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:37 am

Hello experts

I need guidance with regards to documents for my spouse's and kid's ILR application

My spouse is in the process of applying ILR as PBS dependent (main applicant) along with our son in the same application. I have already got ILR granted a couple of months back. From a date perspective we are OK and beyond the 5-year requirements. I am planning to submit the following documents for their application under the following categories. Please advise if anything else is needed or the documents are enough

Proof of Application
1. Spouse's Passport
2. Kid's Passport
3. Consent form 1 - Signed by Spouse as she is the main applicant
4. Consent Form 2 - Signed by me as both mine and spouse's names are in house agreement, utility bill and council tax
5. Consent Form 3 - Signed by me and Spouse both as we are taking financial responsibility for our kid

Under Optional Documents
Others: None

Residence in the UK
1. 5 year council tax receipt bearing both mine and spouse names
2. All housing rental (last 3 years) agreements bearing both mine and spouse names
3. Utility bill bearing both mine and spouse names for last 5 years - 2 bills each year

Finances
1. Spouse bank statements for last 3 months
2. Spouse salary slips for last 3 months
3. My bank statement for last 3 months

Proof of Business: None

Life Events
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Kid's Birth Certificate

Medical Information: None

Sponsors / Employment
1. Mine letter from employer stating address, gross salary

Proof of Identity
1. BRP Card - Spouse (Main Applicant)
2. BRP Card - kid
3. BRP Card - mine (stating settled status)

Educational
1. Life in the UK pass certificate - spouse
2. Degree certificate - spouse
3. UK NARIC certificate - spouse
4. Study certificate from school - kid

Please let me know if any other documents are needed in this regard.

Many Thanks for help so far. Sorry for the long post. Please help in answering this query in detail.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Cohabitation documents

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Post by cooloz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:54 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:27 pm
Cohabitation documents
Hi Zimba,

For cohabitation documents, within Resident in the UK category, I am planning to submit
1. 5 year council tax receipt bearing both mine and spouse names
2. All housing rental (last 3 years) agreements bearing both mine and spouse names
3. Utility bill bearing both mine and spouse names for last 5 years - 2 bills each year

Is this sufficient?

Also please advise whether the documents in other sections are sufficient or not.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Just the last two years is enough

cuongle
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by cuongle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 pm
You must also send cohabitation documents. So you need to answer Yes and both must sign consent forms

Sorry, but maybe this is not really relevant but I am not sure where I can find the consent form in order to sign? the form is what we need to compose?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:01 am

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Documents for Dependent kid for ILR Set(o) Application

Post by cooloz » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello experts,

I and my spouse both have got the ILR last year in Aug and Nov respectively. I am in the process of applying ILR for my 7-year-old kid. My kid is presently on PBS dependant visa (through T2G route effective from 7th Sept 2014), eligibility wise meeting all the date conditions and visa is valid till Sept 2020.

I need guidance on the documents needed with the application. As per my understanding, I need to submit:

Kid's Passport
Kid's BRP card
Kid's Birth certificate
Father Passport
Father Settlement BRP card
Mother's Passport
Mother's Settlement BRP Card
Father last 6 months Bank Statements
Consent form Part 1 - Do Parent(s) need to sign or kid can sign that as he is the applicant?
Consent Form Part 2 - Signed by Father and Mother - Hope ok for both to sign or only father?
Consent Form Part 3 - Signed by Father and Mother - Only Father's as I am submitting my bank statements

Hope the above documents are enough and there is no need to get any letter from school or NHS for the kid as he is less than 18yrs old?

Please advise on the list of documents and questions pertaining to consent forms.

Many Thanks in Advance

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Dependent kid for ILR Set(o) Application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:07 pm

You don't need bank statements.

Why did you not include the child in your wife's application as you were advised to previously?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Dependant Documents: Spouse and Kid

Post by cooloz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:08 am

Thanks for your response CR001. Perhaps one step at a time was the main driver as the fees are substantial to lose in case of any problem with either / both the applications.

I guess the remaining set of documents is ok for me to proceed with. Please can you advise?

Regards