ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS weekly hours vs actual working hours

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ragsyad
Newly Registered

CoS weekly hours vs actual working hours

Post by ragsyad » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi ,

I am planning to submit my ILR application as main applicant to be submitted in coming week under Tier 2 General 5 Years stay.
All 5 years with the same employer.

I have couple of queries
1. I have requested my employer for the absence letter and employment letter.
The CoS for my last extension(and currently valid) lists my annual gross salary as 40,000 with 36.5 hours per week.
However as per my latest employment contract my annual gross salary is 46662 with 37.5 hours per week.No change in the role or nature of work.
On the employment letter , I have requested with the actual hours and salary details .
Although i am not on SOC, i feel that the salary meets the threshold.
Would it be a problem that my CoS has lower salary and working hours as compared to the employment letter(even if the overall pay meets the threshold).?

2. Following are the dates of my visa and BRP

First Tier 2 General(3 years) - BRP Valid From date > 24/05/2016 - BRP Valid To Date-24/05/2019-> Entry in UK 14/06/2016

Second Tier 2 General (2 years and current)- BRP Valid From date-> 17/04/2019 - BRP Valid To Date - 07-06-2021

Am i eligible to apply for ILR by 4th May? (i intend to apply with priority service),

Thanks and appreciate for the help/guidance .

manci
Respected Guru

Re: CoS weekly hours vs actual working hours

Post by manci » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:51 pm

ragsyad wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm
Although i am not on SOC, i feel that the salary meets the threshold.
Your job will have a SOC code which is shown against your job title in the CoS
ragsyad wrote:
Would it be a problem that my CoS has lower salary and working hours as compared to the employment letter
No, small changes and salary increases don't have to be reported by your sponsor
ragsyad wrote:
Am i eligible to apply for ILR by 4th May?
the earliest you should apply is 28 days before 14/06/2021
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

ragsyad
Newly Registered

Post by ragsyad » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Thanks for the clarifications Manci.!

Regarding the eligibility, i was searching across the posts and also some documentation on gov.uk .

I got understanding that the visa issue date can be considered as the start date of the 5 year consecutive years towards ILR calculation as long as the gap between the date of actual entry and brp start date is not more than 180 days itself.

Reasons i am keen on applying as early as possible :
1. My current COS is valid till 24 May while my visa end date on BRP is 07-June-2021
. If i use the 14th June date as 5 years period start date, the date of application of 17th May goes very close
to those end dates. I am not sure if that would be a cause of concern.

2. I had planned to apply my dependents visa post i get my decision ( i plan to apply priority visa).
Since they also have their expiry date on 07-June-2021 , if i apply for them on 24th May, it would violate the 14 days rule of applying before expiry(i remember reading it on some of the documentation)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:51 pm

it would violate the 14 days rule of applying before expiry(i remember reading it on some of the documentation)
There is no such rule.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ragsyad
Newly Registered

Post by ragsyad » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 pm

Thanks CR001!
I might have got it interpreted it wrong around the 14 days rule!.

If I consider first visa issue date(as mentioned on first BRP) to calculate the earliest date, is it worth adding a cover letter mentioning the same to be on safe side in case i decide to submit the application on 10th May?

I see other options based on some posts, submitting application early but booking appointment for biometric a bit late.

ragsyad
Newly Registered

Post by ragsyad » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Thanks for the guidance ..
Happy to inform that the ILR was granted for main applicant!