ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ilr -9monthd over

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sanjaybhandari
Newly Registered

Delay in ilr -9monthd over

Post by Sanjaybhandari » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Me and my wife who is on dependent tier 2G applied for ilr in april 2018 by post. On hearing nothing till october 18 we contacted the local MP who in turn contacted HO which said the application went live only in august 18 due a technical delay in the HO . Now it is nearly 9 months over and we have still not heard anything from the HO.
The delay not only left us in a limbo that we cannot travel anywhere but also now our tier 2 G is nearing the expiry date.

When my hospital HR team enquired with HO for working conditons they said I can only work 20 hrs/week and no on calls and i am not even sure what happens to my wifes work . This may drastically affect our living conditions financially. This is all happening when we have applied well within the time limits.

My queries are:

-are our working conditions not covered under section 3c of immigration act 1971 ?

-is anybody else in a similar boat?

-is there anyway to contact and track the cause of delay ?
P.S. we wrote letters and made phone calls every month to the home office and they only always mention that application is under process.

This has been a very stressful period for our family. Any help is much appreciated

umair99144
inactive

Re: Delay in ilr -9monthd over

Post by umair99144 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am

I contacted my Local MP during my ILR Ext and got visa in 20 days.