ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Failed to register with the police

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t-bag

Dependant Failed to register with the police

Post by t-bag » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 am

Can my dependant be refused if she registered with the police but 15 days later? The general rules for refusing https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... 2LtA&pli=1 mention on page 19 state :
This page contains guidance for caseworkers on what to consider when an
applicant applying for leave to remain has breached the conditions of their stay.
This relates to general reasons for refusing under paragraph 322(3) of the rules.

When you consider whether an applicant can have further leave, you may take into
account their previous immigration history. When your checks show that an
applicant has broken the conditions of their stay, you should refuse further leave to
remain under paragraph 322(3).

Conditions of stay means the conditions endorsed on an applicant’s entry
clearance or UK residence permit. For example:

 no recourse to public funds
 no recourse to public funds, no work or engaging in business
 no recourse to public funds, employment as a Minister of Religion, changes
must be authorised by the Secretary of State
 register with the police.

When evidence shows that one or more of the above conditions has been broken,
you must refuse further leave to remain under paragraph 322(3) as well as any
refusal under the substantive rules.

For more information on refusing leave to remain and refusal wording, see related
links:

 Refusing leave to remain
 Refusal wording.

For information on appeal rights see related link: Appeals (IDI Chapter 12).
My question is : if she fails to register, thats a no-brainer. But if she registered 15 days later ?? Visa said within 7 days, but she did after 15 days :-( Will this create a problem?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 am

If you don't bring it up. And hope the CW does not match dates.

Also, instead keep all 'dependant' docs together, so that your police reg and your dependent's police reg are not together or next to each other.

I don't know what the laws/regulations are. But play safe. If not asked, don't mention it.

MisterLysenkiy
Newly Registered

Post by MisterLysenkiy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am

You should not worry
In majority situations all the caseworker does is just comparing the last registered address with the address people state in their applications.

Or do not even bother with this.

For example, I live in Brighton, and Sussex police registers newcomers just once per month which makes technically impossible to get registered in 7 days in most cases.

So you'll be fine with this

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 am

Ok, thanks!! 15 days is definitely not 1month!! Unless CW wants to be very difficult...

Thanks for everything, will post Experience

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Do not worry about this....

in most cases people approach the police to register and get told to make an appointment a few weeks later....

dont even think about it you will be fine!

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 pm

From my own experience (I registered about 8 times, moving home, etc.) police is very often very slow itself. I usually phoned them next day I got new visa or moved home and they made me appointment outside this required time several times. I specifically asked them to make it quicker but they refused and always said nothing to worry about. Also, another time I simply could not get hold of the local police because there was a traffic accident and they all went there and nobody could help me in time because they were too busy with removing this lorry on the local rural road.

So I tried hard but about 50% of my registrations are outside of time and not because of me but because of police. Police is part of the state, so I am not going to worry about it as long as it is not my fault. In your case, it is your fault but I don't think it is very serious. Just think of some possible reasons and treat all with respect...